Thread: Serie Rosso - brief review

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    Thanks Jack

I'm not quite sure how to take this as there are so many tongue in cheek slights about both myself and the gun - which as I don't recall meeting you or you actually having owned one of these is a bit confusing to me

I don't see what this contributed to the post? but fair play, your entitled to an opinion based on the car I drive , it just all seem a bit "off".

Safe shooting.

James
    Hi James,

How strange to take a tongue in cheek critique of the Rosso as a personal effront - especially when so much was accompanied by smilies!

To state that it was in any way related to your car or intended as a slight against you is actually quite bemusing.

I asked what I felt were sensible questions, which you avoided answering: as to whether it was actually any better than some of the other rifles you had owned? I also commented that the groups you were achieving with it (rested and indoors) were in fact not as good as you appeared to be making out in your review. I'm convinced that many other rifles would actually outperform it easily.

Those points above were exactly what I was adding (attempting to add) to the post in all honesty and I apologise sincerely for making those additions to subtle.

My comment about shooting it in the back garden was meant to indicate that it's best hidden and I only say that to pull that hideous (MY opinion) red case and monstrosity of a rifle (MY opinion) out of the boot of a damn pretty car didn't seem quite right - to paraphrase you "a bit off" ...... as in fact is Daystate's price for it ...... not merely a bit off but as monstrous as the design.

I really don't know where Daystate are going with their "marmite" LE rifles but one thing I'm sure of is that genuine users (rather than collectors) of these products must be getting tired of the rip-off prices; I know I am.

James please consider that if one can't accept a little (frivolous) criticism of a rifle, nor see the humour in a critique, then It's probably best one posts no reviews at all.

Flintlocks at dawn young man?

Jack
    Last edited by Jackspratt; 18-04-2018 at 11:00 PM.
    Steyr LG 110 2014; Steyr Pro X; Anschutz 9015 HP ; SCR Exile .177; FX X barrel .177 Aeron Streamline; Daystate Delta Wolf .177; Tau-Brno MK300 .177; Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 .177

James ,
    My two penneth ,
    Are you happy with your purchase ? ..... yes
    Is it accurate ? .yes
    Does it look good ? it's ok but might look better in another colour
    Does it make you happy ? yes
    Do you enjoy shooting it ? .obviously
    Is it anybody else's business how you spend your money ? ...... no
    So get out there , enjoy it , and ignore any negative comments .
    Your choice , your money ,
    Am I jealous ? . possibly
    Seriously enjoy it , life's too short

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    James ,
    My two penneth ,
    Are you happy with your purchase ? ..... yes
    Is it accurate ? .yes
    Does it look good ? it's ok but might look better in another colour
    Does it make you happy ? yes
    Do you enjoy shooting it ? .obviously
    Is it anybody else's business how you spend your money ? ...... no
    So get out there , enjoy it , and ignore any negative comments .
    Your choice , your money ,
    Am I jealous ? . possibly
    Seriously enjoy it , life's too short
    Thanks Alan

I didn't become a success in life by listening to all the negatives, and I'm not going to start now.

You can have a play with it on Sunday!

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

gun

That's a lovely gun mate good luck with it,,,I nearly had it you beat me to it off andy,I was with him on the Saturday and he didn't mention it,,,gutted,,,anyway I hope it's all good,,ive got a couple of daystate ,,if you ever get fed up with it gives us a shout,,,

Tha must av moor brass than sense.