Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSA Airsporter S, Barrel Query ?

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy45 View Post
    MK7 airsporter S.? That's a new one on me. I think you just mean the mk7 airsporter with maxi rail and chequered pistol grip which isn't an 'S' model.
    There was the mk1 and mk2 's' models with front and pistol grip chequering, and carbine 'S' all others like the stutzen were special, but not S models. Airsporter 's' models have got 'S' stamped on top inbetween the scope rail after airsporter. This is the same with the mk1 and 2 Mercury 'S' models too.
    The Stutzen and carbine were basically the same action with just a different method of fixing it into the stock.

Fozzy
    That made me look, you are quite right. The joys of looking through Chambers drawings. The serial that I can make out looks like it starts with EP which Chambers lists as a Mk1 .177 'S'

It has the push button latch in a closed end walnut stock.

Talking about barrels. Are all Beeza`s in .22 cal are 5.6m and none were 5.5m in bore?

Is this correct?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning22 View Post
    That made me look, you are quite right. The joys of looking through Chambers drawings. The serial that I can make out looks like it starts with EP which Chambers lists as a Mk1 .177 'S'

Yes mate, the stutzen and carbine are both close ended stocks with push button cocking lever.
    Fozzy

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by hookerball View Post
    Talking about barrels. Are all Beeza`s in .22 cal are 5.6m and none were 5.5m in bore?

Is this correct?

Cheers.
    An interesting question !
    Possibly somewhere towards the end of the Airsporter production run, they may have switched to 5.5 but some of the "learned Beeza Bretheren" on here may know accurately ?
    My RB2 .22 Carbine (bought from yourself-Many Thanks) loves Eley Wasp 5.5 as does an RB2 Stutzen and both a pair of Superstars and a Goldstar (all long gone) had no problems with "modern" 5.5 pellets !
    “An airgun or two”………

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Yes Pete, I was having a very senior moment !

Was the Challenger barrel the same diameter ?
    Nope 15.5mm as standard.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by lightning22 View Post

Wouldn't that make it a mk2 'S' as I'm sure the mk1 'S' had the longer underlever and open forend?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Indeed there is mate, i did forget about that. I had one myself along with all the others a few years ago before selling the lot.
    Fozzy

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124581.../shares/Df8mt3
    Very nice collection there Fozzy, thanks for putting the pics up.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Wouldn't that make it a mk2 'S' as I'm sure the mk1 'S' had the longer underlever and open forend?

Pete
    Yes it would, and as you say, the mk1 S has the open ended stock with the sprung latch that you pull down.
    Fozzy

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Very nice collection there Fozzy, thanks for putting the pics up.
    Thanks mate. They're all gone now, every one sold about 2-3 years ago.
    Fozzy

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    An interesting question !
    Possibly somewhere towards the end of the Airsporter production run, they may have switched to 5.5 but some of the "learned Beeza Bretheren" on here may know accurately ?
    My RB2 .22 Carbine (bought from yourself-Many Thanks) loves Eley Wasp 5.5 as does an RB2 Stutzen and both a pair of Superstars and a Goldstar (all long gone) had no problems with "modern" 5.5 pellets !
    Alright Blacky

Yes you had a bargain from me!
    Glad you love it.I have a Goldstar also and blew the dust off it the other day and had a few shots. I tell thee. What a gun!
    Pardon for the tangent.

Thanks mate. They're all gone now, every one sold about 2-3 years ago.
    Fozzy
    Ian I've just realised it's you, you were on my Airsporter/Mercury Facebook group before I shut it down, I think it was you (or Nick) who I got one of my Challengers from, I must admit you put up some lovely photos of your collection on the group, some rare rifles indeed.

Pete

Ian I've just realised it's you, you were on my Airsporter/Mercury Facebook group before I shut it down, I think it was you (or Nick) who I got one of my Challengers from, I must admit you put up some lovely photos of your collection on the group, some rare rifles indeed.

Pete
    Hi mate, hope you're well. Its been over 2 years since I left Facebook.
    Yeah, me and Nick, Simmo on here had all of them at one bit as you say. I'm down to 3 Weihrauchs now and that's it. We don't do any restoring like we used to do, only for ourselves.
    ATB.
    Fozzy

Hi mate, hope you're well. Its been over 2 years since I left Facebook.
    Yeah, me and Nick, Simmo on here had all of them at one bit as you say. I'm down to 3 Weihrauchs now and that's it. We don't do any restoring like we used to do, only for ourselves.
    ATB.
    Fozzy
    I'm good mate, I did get a little worried when you vanished of Facebook and thought something bad had happened but was reassured by Johnbaz that you left for certain reasons, can I get your (or it may be Nicks) secret recipe for the stain you use on beech stocks please, as the photo's of some of the restored BSA's you did with beech stocks where amazing.

Pete

I'm good mate, I did get a little worried when you vanished of Facebook and thought something bad had happened but was reassured by Johnbaz that you left for certain reasons, can I get your (or it may be Nicks) secret recipe for the stain you use on beech stocks please, as the photo's of some of the restored BSA's you did with beech stocks where amazing.

Pete
    Well, as you know it's a very closely guarded secret Pete mate, Lol, only joking.
    Message Simmo on here bud, I can, and have done plenty of stocks, but Nick was and is the main man for that job, I did the blacking.
    Cheers.
    Fozzy

Pete
    It would, I've never owned a Mk1, but like I say, the serial appears to start with EP. It has been re-blacked by Col Molloy so the polishing may have rubbed a fine stamp mark out.