Thread: Target Hurricane !

Target Hurricane !

NOW SOLD.

When I wanted a springer to shoot in the MPL competition some time back I also wanted to find something that was inexpensive and just a little bit "different" so I decided to use a .177 Webley Hurricane.

The idea was good but anyone that has tried to adjust the rear sight on a Webley Hurricane with any degree of precision will know that the plastic rear sight is OK but it could be better.

I found a discarded metal rifle sight (that was nice and slim) and looked like it would fit OK. I fitted it and found that it adjusted nicely to put the shots on the target without any extra shimming or cutting needed.

I also found a longer barrel that I think was fitted to an earlier Hurricane (?) and that just looked good as it protruded in front of the pistol a little further than the others I had seen.

The combination worked well and I enjoyed shooting it, but I no longer use it so I have put it in the Sales section.

NOW SOLD.
    Last edited by zooma; 28-04-2018 at 09:48 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

What rifle sight did you use? Did you get it to zero at 6yrds?
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    What rifle sight did you use? Did you get it to zero at 6yrds?
    It was a very slim metal sight I found in my spares box - it might have come from a Webley Osprey? .. and if so may explain why the mounting hole centres were exactly the same.

Yes it adjusts to 6 yards nicely - I shot it in the MPL series.

This pistol has now been SOLD