Thread: JT's Technical Airgun

Cool JT's Technical Airgun

For anyone new to the concepts of springer tuning and even as a reminder / refresher for more experienced tinkerers, Jim's article in this month's Airgun World is a must read.

It's the third instalment of his new series and much of what he shares with us he has done so beforehand, but it's a simply superb "feet planted firmly on the ground" series of articles.

Lots of other excellent content too, peeps, from some excellent writers.

Thank you Jim, Terry and The Team.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I used to really enjoy Jim's articles, but unfortunately after nearly forty years I have finally decided to cancel my subscription for all three airgun mags. His input was truthfully the only thing that kept me interested as long as it did.
    Long may he continue to enlighten people.

Mole Trapper,

JTs articles are the only reason I still have a subscription to Airgun World - albeit an on-line subscription.

I really would like it if he could pack the articles into a single volume, and AW bring it out as a 'special'.

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Mole Trapper,

JTs articles are the only reason I still have a subscription to Airgun World - albeit an on-line subscription.

I really would like it if he could pack the articles into a single volume, and AW bring it out as a 'special'.

Best regards

Russ
    Me too, although I have the hard copy. I hate computers (so why am I doing this?)

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Mole Trapper,

Best regards

Russ
    I'd say more than that Russ, I think Jim could write and publish a Book on the subject of Airgun Tuning should he wish to do so !
    It would be a fascinating work and one that so many of us would welcome and applaud !
    How about it Jim ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Blackrider,

+1 on a book by JT - I would say I would buy it no matter what the price would be

JT could also 'publish' it as an eBook in say pdf format ?

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Yep.

A good few of us have said for a long time that it would be great if we could have such a book. And it's been hinted at through the pages of AGW and by Jim. Jim's always held back as he "hasn't got to lots of definitive conclusions". But, such is the nature of the mystery of our beloved and outwardly simple seeming boingers that it will always be a "work in progress" type of publication if it were ever to appear.

Jim has always focussed his works on trying to unravel these mysteries as opposed to professing to be a tuning God, explaining the workings and interlinked nature of the springer power plant.

I'd love to see such a book, even if it were a compilation of all his past writings but in one handy place, rather than having to dig out past issues of the magazine.

As a dinosaur, I'd prefer to see it in good old fashioned paper form. So much more tactile, easy to grab at anytime for a quick flick through or, indeed, a more intense read.

A future classic in the making.

Please do it, Mr T.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Softback and Hardback Tone !
    Personally I prefer a Hardback . They look well in the bookcase also !
    “An airgun or two”………