Thread: FT @ Bisley and FT generally ?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia

FT @ Bisley and FT generally ?

I know I could just email Alan (H),

but I thought I would ask on the open forum 'cos others might be interested....

So, what's the deal with shooting FT at Bisley ? Weekly / monthly comps, how does it work ? And what this BFTA card thing and different grades etc ?
    Any other clubs in the area ?

Blame Gary_C, just got me thinking....
    (well, that and the Basingstoke Turkey shoot)

TIA,

JB
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Under The Mat Guest
    I can't comment about Bisley because I don't shoot there.

The BFTA card is a national registration card for members of affiliated clubs. Under the terms of the insurance scheme that has been negotiated on behalf of the BFTA members, you are only covered if you have a shooter's card. If you join a BFTA affiliated club, you will automatically receive a shooter's card.

Information about gradings, as well as quite a lot of other stuff, is available on the BFTA official website at http://www.airgunshed.co.uk/bfta

So can I get a BFTA card without joining a BFTA affiliated club ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBoy
    So can I get a BFTA card without joining a BFTA affiliated club ?

NO

Sorry

Ah well, so I can't go to any FT shoot then - there goes that plan - not much point joining a club when I'm already a member of one 1/3 the distance away, just to shoot half a dozen comps a year

baxterbasics Guest
    Jon-any excuse to sit on your **** eh???

clubshot Guest

Arrow

www.bfto.org.uk

Should cover your enquiry

BOB/R

alan-aitch. is offline Burris Burris Burris Burris Burris Burris

HFT & FT at Bisley.

Hi Jon,

As has been said, to shoot the BFTA regional, national, and winter league shoots you need a BFTA shooters card and to get one you need to belong to a BFTA affiliated club. At Bisley, because the majority of our members do not travel to shoots, members do not automatically get a card but any member can ask for one and the club will apply and pay for it.

Internal shoots at Bisley include -

A monthly FT Club League
    A monthly HFT Club League
    A monthly Pistol Comp
    2 monthly Benchrest Comps
    And various opens

So you can do slightly more than Half a dozen if you want to.

Club comps are graded but not necessarily as per the BFTA, ie. as I know you, if you were to join you wouldn't be allowed to wipe the floor in C Grade.
    BFTA Grades are worked out on your average and are, C, B, A, and Sink without trace.

HTH,

Alan.

Ps.....

Would just like to point out that in the internal comps we get HFT'ers shooting the FT, FT'ers shooting the HFT, Rifle shooters shooting the pistol comps and Pistol shooters shooting the rifle comps.

And we mostly manage to get along just fine.

Thanks for the info Al

Under The Mat Guest
    Alan. I would get your club secretary to check the paperwork. The insurance cover changed this year. If the only cover your club has got is the blanket cover through the BFTA policy, ALL shooters MUST have a shooters card! The insurance company have specifically stated that a BFTA card is mandatory in the event of a claim being made.

Quote Originally Posted by Under The Mat
    Alan. I would get your club secretary to check the paperwork. The insurance cover changed this year. If the only cover your club has got is the blanket cover through the BFTA policy, ALL shooters MUST have a shooters card! The insurance company have specifically stated that a BFTA card is mandatory in the event of a claim being made.

We have our own insurance to cover the club and all members.