Thread: BSA Spitfire pros/cons.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've got a Firebird in .22 and I have a hard time missing with it. It's much easier to take out in the field then my S-10 or Rapid. Its had a slow leak for about 5 years and takes about 2 months to empty. I've been pretty consistent now with dry firing it. I also bought a non working Spitfire for $60 I'd like to get fixed but no one in the US works on them. I ended up taking the barrel off and putting it on my Lightning and it's now more accurate then the original barrel, not sure if they hand selected the Spitfire and Firebird barrels but both are take drivers. One thing I really like is the Antibounce device on them, it cuts down on the report and I dont use a LDC. If it holds air and the price is reasonable you'll get a very accurte and consistent airgun.

Quote Originally Posted by xmdx13x View Post
    I've got a Firebird in .22 and I have a hard time missing with it. It's much easier to take out in the field then my S-10 or Rapid. Its had a slow leak for about 5 years and takes about 2 months to empty. I've been pretty consistent now with dry firing it. I also bought a non working Spitfire for $60 I'd like to get fixed but no one in the US works on them. I ended up taking the barrel off and putting it on my Lightning and it's now more accurate then the original barrel, not sure if they hand selected the Spitfire and Firebird barrels but both are take drivers. One thing I really like is the Antibounce device on them, it cuts down on the report and I dont use a LDC. If it holds air and the price is reasonable you'll get a very accurte and consistent airgun.
    Bowket told me that he advised BSA to use the same rifling specs that were used on the SuperTen range for both the Spitfire and Firebird. The barrels are to pcp specs and choked unlike the springers. The service he does on them includes upgrading internal parts to cure all leaks, better barrel lock up and trigger.

I checked with Bowket over the .177"specs. I prefer .22" for Spitfire The HF calibre in your preferred .177" with 15" barrel will give 50 shots from its 50cc reservoir. Only about 30 with the shorter 10" barrel.