Thanks again for all the comments. I've just got back from viewing and glad I went....... Stock is in good nick apart from the finish ( some fence treatment by the look and feel ) and the metalwork is in exceptionally good condition. Not quite 10/10 but a good 8.5 or 9 at least I'd say, and holds air and shoots very well. BUT

Turns out it wasn't just the one, there was another ( has a leak ) "for spares" included in the price. No brainer really then eh?

I was just putting them into the slips I took when he said he had a hard case I could have for a tenner if I wanted, another no brainer. As he came downstairs with it he commented it felt heavier than it should and upon opening discovered his old Westlake he had forgotten he had. He shut the case straight away and said I could have that too f.o.c..

so to summon up I went out to look at a BSA Spitfire and came away with a pair, plus a hardcase and a cheap plinker for a tenner extra. Happy bunny or what.

couple of pics here

https://imgur.com/a/zBw5F

btw, anyone know what the front sight on the Westlake is from originally please? Held moulded plastic with a pair of grub screws thru the bottom to hold it on the barrel. tia