Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BSA Spitfire pros/cons.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rancidtom View Post
    Has Bowkett got his knickers in a twist again Greenway? Perhaps you'd better run to straighten them quick before his blood pressure rises.
    Hee hee!

Hi Tom

I was offered a Spitfire several years ago at a bootsale, Stock had been stripped and used without any finish on it, It was loppy and dented to hell, The action had no blueing, The seller firmly wanted £125 for it, I politely declined

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Not a twisted knicker in sight, just a bit of humour. Something is no longer funny if it has to be explained

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hee hee!

Hi Tom

I was offered a Spitfire several years ago at a bootsale, Stock had been stripped and used without any finish on it, It was loppy and dented to hell, The action had no blueing, The seller firmly wanted £125 for it, I politely declined

John
    In the state you describe it doesnt deserve to be politely turned down. It had probably been "sorted" as well

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    In the state you describe it doesnt deserve to be politely turned down. It had probably been "sorted" as well
    It's nice knowing that Bowkett is obviously worried by people such as DM80 and myself that he has to employ his little troll to make jealous snide remarks claiming them to be funny.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Oh dear. How sad. I am going to stay on topic for this thread. You please yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    Oh dear. How sad. I am going to stay on topic for this thread. You please yourself.
    Hey, you started it I hadn't even commented on this post when you mentioned my name, remember? Now you wish to stay on topic?
    "How sad" that you have a dig at somebody and another message board then try to claim it was a joke. Now you play the victim?
    I rest my case, it's a crap design done by a bitter man who has to post under various different identities claiming to have spoken to Bowkett and to be relaying Bowkett's messages so that he doesn't get held to task on mistakes or misinformation.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by hookerball View Post
    John Bowkett (designer)
    Well he didn't design the spitfire very well

Dave.

Here we go again...

Why does a post asking for advice turn into a slanging match of know it alls?
    Have some self respect, be a bit more civil.
    "Putting a country take on things..."

I checked with Bowket over the .177"specs. I prefer .22" for Spitfire The HF calibre in your preferred .177" with 15" barrel will give 50 shots from its 50cc reservoir. Only about 30 with the shorter 10" barrel.

Thanks for all the comments( well almost all )

Quote Originally Posted by exmoor beast View Post
    Why does a post asking for advice turn into a slanging match of know it alls?
    Have some self respect, be a bit more civil.
    Took the words out of my mouth.

Mods please lock this thread now as it’s served it’s purpose and going downhill rapidly.

Cheers
    All help, advice and wrist slaps gratefully received.
    Most sales open to swaps for older BSA’s, projects and or incomplete/bits. Currently quietly developing a hankering for a nice S10 BBK………..

Quote Originally Posted by gizwaz View Post
    Thanks for all the comments( well almost all )

Took the words out of my mouth.

Mods please lock this thread now as it’s served it’s purpose and going downhill rapidly.

Cheers
    I chose not to comment until my name was dragged into this by Bowkett's pet troll whose only purposes in life are to slag others who have the balls to criticise poor designs and to repeatedly post "Phone Bowkett".
    Lock the thread so anyone interested can see the details.

Quote Originally Posted by gizwaz View Post
    Evening all. I’ve got a lead on what seems to be a very nice spitfire in my favourite flavour of .177 but know very little about them so wondered if anyone here has any experiences they’d like to share?

I’m getting back into my older beezas and been thinking this would be a nice addition to my rapidly expanding family....

Cheers
    gizwaz.
    There is a Spitfire and Firebird air rifle group on Facebook which may provide more useful information on this excellent design

https://www.facebook.com/groups/691538944292089/