Thread: BSA Spitfire pros/cons.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Its obvious you have never experienced a correctly assembled and sorted Spitfire. Many who have, me included, would not agree with your sentiments. They always work better if fully dismantled before dropping into caustic bluing tanks. Its not good for seals you know

Sorted dozens of these in my time and i still think they are the worst airgun Bsa ever produced by a country mile

Dave,

Are you related to Rancid Tom on the BSA*G? You use the same phrase book

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    Are you related to Rancid Tom on the BSA*G? You use the same phrase book
    Has Bowkett got his knickers in a twist again Greenway? Perhaps you'd better run to straighten them quick before his blood pressure rises.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rancidtom View Post
    Has Bowkett got his knickers in a twist again Greenway? Perhaps you'd better run to straighten them quick before his blood pressure rises.
    Hee hee!

Hi Tom

I was offered a Spitfire several years ago at a bootsale, Stock had been stripped and used without any finish on it, It was loppy and dented to hell, The action had no blueing, The seller firmly wanted £125 for it, I politely declined

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Not a twisted knicker in sight, just a bit of humour. Something is no longer funny if it has to be explained

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hee hee!

Hi Tom

I was offered a Spitfire several years ago at a bootsale, Stock had been stripped and used without any finish on it, It was loppy and dented to hell, The action had no blueing, The seller firmly wanted £125 for it, I politely declined

John
    In the state you describe it doesnt deserve to be politely turned down. It had probably been "sorted" as well

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    In the state you describe it doesnt deserve to be politely turned down. It had probably been "sorted" as well
    It's nice knowing that Bowkett is obviously worried by people such as DM80 and myself that he has to employ his little troll to make jealous snide remarks claiming them to be funny.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!