Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help IDing Diana Model 50

Quote Originally Posted by JACK RATT View Post
    Here's some pics I took today. My rifle has the aluminium trigger with 2 adjuster screws. I can't see a date mark but it's stamped MADE IN GERMANY.
    It's 0.22 and shoots very smoothly. I don't have a chrono so I don't know it's power.

Can't get the photos to load from my lap top.
    You need to host the pics on a site like Imgur and then post link. If you want you can send pics to my email address in my profile and I can do it for you.

Re Here's mine

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    You need to host the pics on a site like Imgur and then post link. If you want you can send pics to my email address in my profile and I can do it for you.
    Thank you, just added the link

Here's some pics I took today. My rifle has the aluminium trigger with 2 adjuster screws. I can't see a date mark but it's stamped MADE IN GERMANY.
    It's 0.22 and shoots very smoothly. I don't have a chrono so I don't know it's power.
    https://imgur.com/a/ZNVxfcj
    Very nice! That gun is an example of the model 50/b. It was built later than the 50/b with plain stock that began this thread, but earlier than the later one (stock similar to yours, and plastic rear sight) that was also posted.

Just to confuse matters further (!), the one I once owned was identical to yours, except for having a tunnel type front sight, in lieu of the rotating 4-post type. It must have been manufactured in between your rifle and the plastic sight one.

It would be interesting to know if the production period of this improved version of the 50/b overlapped with the 50M? Or if perhaps the former succeeded the latter by, in effect, merging the previous 50/b and 50M into a single model with features of both. Anyone out there have some old catalogs or adverts that would shed some light?
    Last edited by MDriskill; 29-04-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Thank you, just added the link
    Wow !! What a magnificent gun. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Seems we are both in quite a small club

Lovely guns these....

ATB

Andy