Thread: Webley Vulcan barrel pivot ???

Webley Vulcan barrel pivot ???

In a bit of a fix, or need a fix,,,,
    I've stripped and reblued my vulcan but now it's ready to go back together I'm having a problem with the barrel pivot alignment
    Any tips would be appreciated

You need to use a vice, g-clamp or wide mole grips to compress the barrel latch, the pin should then pop in easily. It's not a system that causes much problem. other than that, not quite sure what you mean by "alignment".

Pivot trick

Hi, a member on here gave me a tip which I have just used. I took a 6mm dia bolt, cut off the threaded part, and then cut it slightly, 1 or 2mm, less than the thickness of the barrel block. Put the spring and plunger in, then push down the plunger, making sure the flat aligns with the pivot hole. Slip the dummy pin in to hold the plunger, this will hold the plunger and Spring, then you can easily slide the barrel between the jaws, insert the real pivot and you will feel it slip into the mm difference, use a hammer and drift to drive the pivot through, remembering to catch the dummy pin before the pivot is flush! HTH David

^^ this is called a slave pin and is an excellent tip.
    I have messed about with Vulcan a for Years and have my own technique that works for me.. I just line it all up and put the barrel on straight..compress it all in one go and put the pin in.
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald7482016
    ^. I just line it all up and put the barrel on straight..compress it all in one go and put the pin in.
    That works well for BSA Scorpions/Meteors/Mercuries etc. too

Thanks for the tips will give it a try tomorrow

Slave pin trick

This did the trick thanks alot