Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
The best triggers on the older springers other than the Rekord are .....

Hammerli Model 3, Model 4, Model 401, 402, 403, and 420.

Original Diana three ball-bearing release triggers - Model 27, 35, and 50.

Anschutz 335 and 333

These are all near as dammit as good as the Record once set up and the shooter accustomed to using them.

The BSF trigger has a weird kind of hang-up between first and second stage and gets harder to pull with increasing mainspring strength, the Feinwerkbau Sport is OK but not brilliant, BSA triggers are very average, most early Webley triggers are not nice.. the Original Diana 45 and 50T01 triggers also had a sort of 'step' with the second stage and had horrible pressed blades.

The nicest trigger probably goes to the Feinwerkbau 150/300 series, but that was a match rifle and still pisses all over the Rekord and its clones.

As Le Geezer has said, the Original Diana 35 would probably be the one to go for, although the 27 is a very nice rifle if you can find one.
Evening hsing-ee,
I note your observations on the 45 and the T01. Can you define what this step is? I've never heard of it before? Is it a general thing across all models? Or did you.notice it on your own.gun?
Only reason I ask is that I did an amount of shooting back.in the Autumn with a T01 and credit where its due the trigger performed flawless and broke like glass. I've shot two 45s a short time ago and cant recall this step on them either?
I've never really tinkered with the triggers in.my guns and almost all are pretty.much how they came to me.
I'll keep a look out for this now as I think I've six or seven 45/T01s

Dave