Thread: Barking HW77K

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Barking HW77K

No, it is not suffering a breakdown. When fired it is quite sudden, not as sharp as a V-Mach, but makes a kind of bark, a bit like a buzz but very short. It is accurate enough but I don't like it.

I have no idea which spring/guide setup I have in there. Which is the softest spring, a OEM job? Or a Maccari? I have a box of springs and guides and I foolishly didn't mark down which is which so I am going to have to go through the lot to find a sweeter one if this is the source of the problem.

It is a 25mm piston Mk 2 with a Dave Hall buttoned piston and chamber, very smooth to cock.

The stock is a plastic KT, could it be the hollow stock reverberating? I might go back to a wood stock as the balance is a bit front-heavy.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 15-04-2018 at 04:05 PM.

The stock is a plastic KT, could it be the hollow stock reverberating? I might go back to a wood stock as the balance is a bit front-heavy.[/QUOTE]

Ive had a guy at my club use filler ( not sure what) in his plastic stock for his 97 due to the above issues
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    No, it is not suffering a breakdown. When fired it is quite sudden, not as sharp as a V-Mach, but makes a kind of bark, a bit like a buzz but very short. It is accurate enough but I don't like it.

I have no idea which spring/guide setup I have in there. Which is the softest spring, a OEM job? Or a Maccari? I have a box of springs and guides and I foolishly didn't mark down which is which so I am going to have to go through the lot to find a sweeter one if this is the source of the problem.

It is a 25mm piston Mk 2 with a Dave Hall buttoned piston and chamber, very smooth to cock.

The stock is a plastic KT, could it be the hollow stock reverberating? I might go back to a wood stock as the balance is a bit front-heavy.
    I have a Mk1 77 barking in a standard beech stock. Heard rather than felt. More of a honk in the manner of a Laurel & Hardy car horn.
    Re-spring and possibly a kit on my to-do list. Which is long.

There is a small reverb coming out of the front of the cocking arm of mine .
    I have been told the way to get rid is to drill out the pin remove the end pack with grease then tap for a grub screw .a top tuner told me how to do this at the bash.
    Scorpion. 177 hornet. 177 txhc. 177 s200. 177 97. 177 99.177 95. 22 80. 22 vulcan. 22 excorcet. 22
    Trying hard to keep it down to 10 rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post

I'd go oem for the spring then get fitted guides.

Regards Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer