Page 10 of 106 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: 16th and 17th June 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event And Payment Details

Cool Thank you, Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

Payments also received from Bash regulars, TonyL, CraigP.....

All the best Mick
    Thank you Craigy.

As always, will look forward to big hugs on the day(s).
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    They had to put mine in a vice to eventually shift it Mike but it was well protected and as Tony says, a bit like a Virgin, once you’ve broken that seal, it’s stays slack for evermore
    What your saying is i'm going to end up with a trigger block like a wizards sleeve

They had to put mine in a vice to eventually shift it Mike but it was well protected and as Tony says, a bit like a Virgin, once you’ve broken that seal, it’s stays slack for evermore
    Reminds me of a Madonna song does that, Pauly.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Tony.....

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Although I'm sure it would be possible to swap the barrel on a '77, I'm sure that it would be a very involved affair and a "no-no" for most.

And, just in case you might ever get tempted to do it with your '77......."NO". You have a lovely, earlier example and, in my opinion, better left un-messed with.

By all means a strip / service / lube / synthetic guides if you fancy it, but no re-engineering on this lovely old girl, please.

Will you be coming to play in June?

Tony, don't worry the old girl is safe as houses - I have far too many really happy memories to mess it up, however, I have a hankering for a .20 Cal and would happily take on a gash .22 and convert it

A friend has recently bought a HW97 stainless and I understand these can be ordered in .20 - but that they are special order hence my interest in an option to get to having a .20 cal underlever.

However what have you Boinger peeps done to me - I picked up a Walther LGU? carbine in .177 to look at today and I was VERY tempted ,

I would very much like to get to the June bash - however my domestic manager has plans for a new Bathroom in the week leading up to it s I will not now until nearer the time plus its not that longer after that I will want a few days at the Imperial Meeting - If I gt my way I will camp Friday and have a full day there Saturday - Watch this space

Twanggggg ops I mean BOING!
    If it has a trigger, I'm gonna enjoy it!

Fingers crossed that all goes to plan for you and you can get along to your second Bash, Mr Twang.

There won't be a great abundance of them, but secondhand .20 77s and 97s are out there.

LGU....Nice guns. Personal preference dictates the choice between one of them, another HW or the TX.

Try as many as you can to try and determine which may suit you the best, but certainly don't overlook the TX.......even if you didn't end up with one this time around, I bet you'll get one eventually! So maybe put that at the head of the list for the short-cut route?

Cool Eight weeks to go, peeps!

BOING!

Indeed, this one will be upon us in no time at all., Merry Folk of The Hollow.

BOING!

I'd be very interested in your opinions on the Panamax once you've used it for a while, Rhys.
    Will do sir

Just spotted your modified signature.

Hee hee!

But I think you should also be adding young Tinners in there, too, for supplying the plastic loveliness and overseeing by far the bulk of the strip and rebuild.
    Fixed
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Payments also received from Bash regulars, TonyL, CraigP, MartynT and Unframed Dave --- looking forward to seeing you all again as always.
    And another payment received from Bash regular, Paul/Aitch2o --- looking forward to seeing you again.

Sorry about the late posting, Paul, but sometimes a bacs doesn't show for a couple of days.

All the best Mick

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Haven’t been to my Range for a few weeks due to recent excellent long weekends away with Boingerati but I did go today and took my TX200, now... as most of you that know me know, I can tend to chat more than I shoot. However, today I got through a tin and a half of pellets, it was just one of those days where I was in the zone, shooting pretty well and just amazed at what this rifle can do when we do our bit. The Weihrauch.22 pellets are loved by this rifle, it’s great when you find the perfect match. I shot 3 consecutive pellets at 60yds within a 5p group at one stage. Even better... a couple of lads passed comment on the TX’s lovely walnut stock, I said “here, have a go”, which they did, and I loved the confused look as they tried to load a fully manufactured cack-hander. “There” I said, “now you know how I feel trying to shot a righty” and carried on shooting into the setting sun.. heaven.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Haven’t been to my Range for a few weeks due to recent excellent long weekends away with Boingerati but I did go today and took my TX200, now... as most of you that know me know, I can tend to chat more than I shoot. However, today I got through a tin and a half of pellets, it was just one of those days where I was in the zone, shooting pretty well and just amazed at what this rifle can do when we do our bit. The Weihrauch.22 pellets are loved by this rifle, it’s great when you find the perfect match. I shot 3 consecutive pellets at 60yds within a 5p group at one stage. Even better... a couple of lads passed comment on the TX’s lovely walnut stock, I said “here, have a go”, which they did, and I loved the confused look as they tried to load a fully manufactured cack-hander. “There” I said, “now you know how I feel trying to shot a righty” and carried on shooting into the setting sun.. heaven.
    That sounds like a cracking day mate. I'm looking forward to getting over to Iden Ferns again soon

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Will do sir

Fixed
    Good chap.

And another payment received from Bash regular, Paul/Aitch2o --- looking forward to seeing you again.

Sorry about the late posting, Paul, but sometimes a bacs doesn't show for a couple of days.

All the best Mick

Nice one, Paul.

Be great to see you again.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    That sounds like a cracking day mate. I'm looking forward to getting over to Iden Ferns again soon
    It was mate and as I have to drive past my little permission on my way home from the range, I thought I’d drop in for half an hour to ‘bait up’ a few known Rat runs and whilst there I took two wood pigeons for the pot and a Roland for the incinerator . I’m now sitting in the garden with a Brandy+Coke. Damn it’s been a good day
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Nice one, Pauly. Sounds like a top day.

Were you using the H&N Weihrauch pellets or the JSB variety?

A tin and a half of pellets? Fills me with dread this evening does that.

You see, a week last Tuesday my neck and right arm started really playing up. Stiff, no strength and like 50,000 volts running through my arm. Triceps, biceps, elbow, wrists, fingers, shoulder.....everything killing. It got slightly better when resting. This morning wasn't too bad and then got gradually worse all day at work. Struggled to drive home tonight as getting my right hand on the wheel was excruciating. Been eating painkillers like sweets for the last week and a half. Can't do naff all with my right arm tonight and had to eat cack handed! Trying to roll a tab was interesting after tea.

I'll be taking dog dog out shortly and then go and have a lay down, so logging off very shortly.

Y'know, even if the Mrs said to go and have a plink, the thought of holding and shooting one would make me shudder, never mind trying to cock one.

Keep the BOINGS boinging, boys and see you in the morning.

It was mate and as I have to drive past my little permission on my way home from the range, I thought I’d drop in for half an hour to ‘bait up’ a few known Rat runs and whilst there I took two wood pigeons for the pot and a Roland for the incinerator . I’m now sitting in the garden with a Brandy+Coke. Damn it’s been a good day
    Sounds like a perfick day, Pauly.