Thread: 16th and 17th June 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event And Payment Details

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Er Guys.... if Papa's correct on this and I've no reason to doubt him, why did the Quigley Collective mistake an American twin engined, mass produced, twin tailed medium bomber from Roy Chadwick's four engined Masterpiece ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Er Guys.... if Papa's correct on this and I've no reason to doubt him, why did the Quigley Collective mistake an American twin engined, mass produced, twin tailed medium bomber from Roy Chadwick's four engined Masterpiece ?
    John- Do you recall the small singe engine low winged plane we saw and I commented on?

I felt sure it was a Hurricane with the broad rounded wingtips (Spitfire more pointy wingtips!)

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    John- Do you recall the small singe engine low winged plane we saw and I commented on?

I felt sure it was a Hurricane with the broad rounded wingtips (Spitfire more pointy wingtips!)

John
    More like a Hurricane than a Spit but there was talk among the Guys back on the shooting line when we returned.
    There are less flying Hurricanes than Spitfires so to see one flying is mega rare !
    “An airgun or two”………

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    More like a Hurricane than a Spit but there was talk among the Guys back on the shooting line when we returned.
    There are less flying Hurricanes than Spitfires so to see one flying is mega rare !
    I thought it was a hurricane too. But the person I mentioned it to didn't think it sounded like a merlin. Can't think what else it could be though. I think that there are about 8 airworthy hurricanes around. As opposed to about 55 spitfires. And that number is rising
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I thought it was a hurricane too. But the person I mentioned it to didn't think it sounded like a merlin. Can't think what else it could be though. I think that there are about 8 airworthy hurricanes around. As opposed to about 55 spitfires. And that number is rising
    To be honest I thought the wings were a little too broad to be a Hurricane and the fuselage was very slim.
    “An airgun or two”………

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    To be honest I thought the wings were a little too broad to be a Hurricane and the fuselage was very slim.
    I didn't have my glasses handy when it came over. Wracking my brain the only alternative I can come up with is a P40. There are a few about, 1 based at elstree & 1 at Duxford that I can think of
    Pete

Sat in the back garden enjoying the last of the sunshine with a post work stogie and a cold beer, reminiscing on last weekend spent with you lovely peeps. Chris clearys Spider-Man impression is still bringing a smile to my face how's el presidente doing? Any better yet Mick? Hope Pauls fjord prep work is coming along ok and you're not too stressed bud also any updates regards operation Wales from my favourite cocker knee?

Love to all

Chris x