Page 16 of 106 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: 16th and 17th June 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event And Payment Details

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Working is a bummer that's for sure. I'm starting to panic about my retirement slightly although a long way off as I have no pension plans to date and still a fair wack on the mortgage. Something will pan out in the end.........hopefully
    Keep buying airguns Mike, they’re an investment
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Keep buying airguns Mike, they’re an investment
    Now that's my kinda plan mate lol

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Now that's my kinda plan mate lol
    Well, my grand plan extends to tomorrow, I’m taking my little team out for a day to Canterbury
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

You are certainly all going through the ringer at the moment. A real bugger which hopefully will pan out ok in the near future mate.
    As we all know, Mike, life's just a merry-go-round of ups and downs and things will certainly be on the "up" again soon.

Cheers, matey.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

It’s been a long time coming mate.... over 40 years of work but it’s gone sooooo quickly so don’t rush your life away Mikey, just try and retire as early as you can afford to I reckon in the meantime, enjoy every day

Mind you, if someone asked me 3 years ago what I will do when I retire, I would have struggled to say but, today, with my Airgun hobby and good friends I’ve met as a result..... I reckon I’ll wonder how I ever had time to fit work in (all being well)
    I've met so many people in the past who, once retired, say they don't know how they ever managed to fit work in, Pauly.

You deserve it, matey, and when it comes, lovingly grasp it with both hands.

I think you're going to be kept very occupied and fulfilled!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Today I stripped down the HW35 Lochschaft to see whats inside. I found an original steel spring guide with two bits broken off and floating around loose in the rear of the cylinder and a completely shagged spring of the Ox square section variety. Fortunately I had another spring (albeit too long) and a guide from another rifle with I carried out slight modifications to. I ended up cutting a coil off the spring, heating it up and re'shaping to finish. Its now cleaned up, regreased and shooting lovely on open sights. I reckon I will keep it on opens as there is a bit too much movement in the barrel to scope it up. The zero at 25 yards was inches rather than mm but on opens its grouping around 30mm so not too disappointed at all. A fun afternoon for once
    Lovely jubbly, Mikey Boy!

Glad you're loving it. And it's nice to keep one or two on opens.

If it's vertical movement on breech lock up......a couple of tips from our Mick.....a RWS Hobby behind the latch spring gives more preload. Or you may have to just file a little material from the latch face, allowing it to engage more fully.

Keep buying boingers, Mike, they’re an investment
    Fixed.

Well, my grand plan extends to tomorrow, I’m taking my little team out for a day to Canterbury
    Excellent; enjoy, matey.

52 to go, peeps.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Lovely jubbly, Mikey Boy!

Glad you're loving it. And it's nice to keep one or two on opens.

If it's vertical movement on breech lock up......a couple of tips from our Mick.....a RWS Hobby behind the latch spring gives more preload. Or you may have to just file a little material from the latch face, allowing it to engage more fully.
    Excellent thanks mate. There was a fair bit of vertical movement, some of which has been sorted with a new breech seal. Unfortunately there is movement left to right too but as you say its nice to have a couple of rifles on opens. I had great fun blasting some old satsumas and stuff at 25 yards on opens yesterday

Excellent thanks mate. There was a fair bit of vertical movement, some of which has been sorted with a new breech seal. Unfortunately there is movement left to right too but as you say its nice to have a couple of rifles on opens. I had great fun blasting some old satsumas and stuff at 25 yards on opens yesterday
    Mike, shouldn't be any movement in the HW35 barrel lock up in either plane, once set up correctly.

Vertical movement is usually due to a shagged detent latch lever spring. Either replace the spring or put a Hobby pellet underneath to pre-load it.

An over-thick replacement breech seal can cause variable lock up and string pellets up and down.

Side to side play can usually be adjusted out by tightening the axis bolt. Does it have shims fitted?

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    Mike, shouldn't be any movement in the HW35 barrel lock up in either plane, once set up correctly.

Vertical movement is usually due to a shagged detent latch lever spring. Either replace the spring or put a Hobby pellet underneath to pre-load it.

An over-thick replacement breech seal can cause variable lock up and string pellets up and down.

Side to side play can usually be adjusted out by tightening the axis bolt. Does it have shims fitted?
    Cheers Ted. It does have shims fitted so I will re-visit the axis bolt this evening and give it a little tweek. I'll also check the new breech seal I fitted but I think that's a pretty good fit.

Having now had chance to sit down and have a look at the HW35, I've tightened the pivot bolt and voila!!!! Problem solved. Many thanks for your advice chaps. What a superb wealth of knowledge there is here !!!!

Having seen your post #235, Mike, I was going to suggest checking for shims and bolt adjustment. But I see the Lovely Uncle Ted has advised and now fixed.....great stuff!

Lightbulb Suitable Victims?

Hee Hee Hee!

Following on from the thread started by Andrew (Mr English) and prompts by njaw and Terry D, looks like I might be writing some articles on some people's airgunning stories. Terry suggested someone from the Boinger Bash. And I can think of lots of fine folk from The Hollow. A bit of a potted history of their airgunning life.

Who's up for it? I can think of lots of characters that would make enlightening and fascinating reading for the AGW readership. Don't want to mention any names, but I could reel off a huge list!

BOING!!!!!