Page 103 of 106 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1585

Thread: 16th and 17th June 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event And Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    The calm before the storm

BOING
    Lovely piccy, Paul.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Cool Merry Christmas?

IMerry Christmas peeps!

Eh?

"Oh no, that's it, Tone's really lost it this time!"

Well, not quite peeps.

Y'see the reason for the no-show last night was that we had been invited to a 50th birthday party, taking place at a hotel in a village very nearby. Now, I really wasn't that fussed about going, preferring to stay home these days unless going a-boingering.

The hotel is in a lovely setting. Everyone congregated outside. When we were shown in, the room was laid out in proper Christmas party style........dressed trees, crackers on the table, party poppers, Christmas music playing......the lot. And the meal was a Christmas one. Seemed strange but refreshingly different to have a full Christmas meal and feel so close to the longest day. A lovely surprise for all us guests and it must have cost a fortune.

There were quite a few lads there who I used to share many drunken hours with years ago and it was good to see them again and talk old times and Boingy Tone got the DJ to put some rock tunes on, so we were head banging away to DC and Quo etc for a short while.

On one of my "nipping out for a tab" sorties I wandered through the grounds to have a look at the land around to see if there were any bunnies......and there were loads of them, so an extra bonus.

Spoilt for choice with letching opportunities, too, as there were lots of very pretty young fillies there, too!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    That sounds like a pretty perfect night out Tone. Glad you enjoyed it
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    More like a Hurricane than a Spit but there was talk among the Guys back on the shooting line when we returned.
    There are less flying Hurricanes than Spitfires so to see one flying is mega rare !
    I thought it was a hurricane too. But the person I mentioned it to didn't think it sounded like a merlin. Can't think what else it could be though. I think that there are about 8 airworthy hurricanes around. As opposed to about 55 spitfires. And that number is rising
    Pete

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I thought it was a hurricane too. But the person I mentioned it to didn't think it sounded like a merlin. Can't think what else it could be though. I think that there are about 8 airworthy hurricanes around. As opposed to about 55 spitfires. And that number is rising
    To be honest I thought the wings were a little too broad to be a Hurricane and the fuselage was very slim.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    IMerry Christmas peeps!

Eh?

"Oh no, that's it, Tone's really lost it this time!"

Well, not quite peeps.

Y'see the reason for the no-show last night was that we had been invited to a 50th birthday party, taking place at a hotel in a village very nearby. Now, I really wasn't that fussed about going, preferring to stay home these days unless going a-boingering.

The hotel is in a lovely setting. Everyone congregated outside. When we were shown in, the room was laid out in proper Christmas party style........dressed trees, crackers on the table, party poppers, Christmas music playing......the lot. And the meal was a Christmas one. Seemed strange but refreshingly different to have a full Christmas meal and feel so close to the longest day. A lovely surprise for all us guests and it must have cost a fortune.

There were quite a few lads there who I used to share many drunken hours with years ago and it was good to see them again and talk old times and Boingy Tone got the DJ to put some rock tunes on, so we were head banging away to DC and Quo etc for a short while.

On one of my "nipping out for a tab" sorties I wandered through the grounds to have a look at the land around to see if there were any bunnies......and there were loads of them, so an extra bonus.

Spoilt for choice with letching opportunities, too, as there were lots of very pretty young fillies there, too!
    Sounds excellent Tone. I went to the Eastbourne fishermans club last night and it was full of biddies!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    It was nice to meet and shoot alongside you too, well, next but one, thank you for the input on the 35, but alas with all the gun enthusiasts who had a go its still not quite right but i will get it there.

Thanks once again to His Highness, King Mick and his ever so lovely Queen, Shirley, the legless beauty of Saturday night, can she boogie, for once again putting on a marvellous weekend for us all.
    Thanks to the early arrivers for setting up the field, would have been a little boring without your input.
    Gwynn was his usual knowledgable and entertainingly self, a lovely musical discussion with wine and ale to compliment it round the fire on Saturday night, nice one Gwynn.
    Not sure if I can make the September one but I will be thinking of you all anyway.

Cheers

Mel

Chippendale (with clothes on
    Really enjoyed our chat too Mel: old songs, wine, beer & the all-night (sometimes) comfort of the fire.
    Mick & Shirl have created a terrific airgunning.....I don't think paradise is too strong a word, & a lot of lasting friendships.
    Thanks for the great 'Birthday' pics Papa & thanks too for the many kindnesses received from Quigley Mates....
    ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Lovely piccy, Paul.
    Cheers Tone

IMerry Christmas peeps!

Sounds like your Christmas came early mate

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Sounds excellent Tone. I went to the Eastbourne fishermans club last night and it was full of biddies!!!!!
    Ah well, never mind mate

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    To be honest I thought the wings were a little too broad to be a Hurricane and the fuselage was very slim.
    I didn't have my glasses handy when it came over. Wracking my brain the only alternative I can come up with is a P40. There are a few about, 1 based at elstree & 1 at Duxford that I can think of
    Pete

Sat in the back garden enjoying the last of the sunshine with a post work stogie and a cold beer, reminiscing on last weekend spent with you lovely peeps. Chris clearys Spider-Man impression is still bringing a smile to my face how's el presidente doing? Any better yet Mick? Hope Pauls fjord prep work is coming along ok and you're not too stressed bud also any updates regards operation Wales from my favourite cocker knee?

Love to all

Chris x

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Sat in the back garden enjoying the last of the sunshine with a post work stogie and a cold beer, reminiscing on last weekend spent with you lovely peeps. Chris clearys Spider-Man impression is still bringing a smile to my face how's el presidente doing? Any better yet Mick? Hope Pauls fjord prep work is coming along ok and you're not too stressed bud also any updates regards operation Wales from my favourite cocker knee?

Love to all

Chris x
    Sounds like youre having a proper chill out there mate . I’m doing similar here Chris but with a roll-up and a glass of water. Being the generous person I am, I just gave a one of my .22 H&N FTT’s to a squirrel that visited my garden and I’m sitting here looking at another one on my fence. I’m gonna start looking around theForest of Dean and Dorset areas over the coming weeks for home but I will take my time.

Yesterday I cleared my desk and vacated my office for the ‘new people’ taking over my team on Monday so I’m now on gardening leave for the next 4 or 5 weeks until they sort out my pension and severance quotes. Apart from a couple of Appeals they want me to do next Friday, that’s it pretty much and I’ll be free of work
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Sounds like youre having a proper chill out there mate . I’m doing similar here Chris but with a roll-up and a glass of water. Being the generous person I am, I just gave a one of my .22 H&N FTT’s to a squirrel that visited my garden and I’m sitting here looking at another one on my fence. I’m gonna start looking around theForest of Dean and Dorset areas over the coming weeks for home but I will take my time.

Yesterday I cleared my desk and vacated my office for the ‘new people’ taking over my team on Monday so I’m now on gardening leave for the next 4 or 5 weeks until they sort out my pension and severance quotes. Apart from a couple of Appeals they want me to do next Friday, that’s it pretty much and I’ll be free of work
    Nice one mate, the long anticipated life of leisure beckons

I'm busy pumping up the kral now, if I can get it filled without a coronary I'm going to have a plink with it ( I really need to buy a bottle lol)

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Nice one mate, the long anticipated life of leisure beckons

I'm busy pumping up the kral now, if I can get it filled without a coronary I'm going to have a plink with it ( I really need to buy a bottle lol)
    Keep pumping whilst you can mate and enjoy the plink with the Kral. My HW100 is poised on the windowsill waiting for that second squizzer but it seems to have buggered orf
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I suppose it makes you appreciate the nice ones when the opportunity arises, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    Really enjoyed our chat too Mel: old songs, wine, beer & the all-night (sometimes) comfort of the fire.
    Mick & Shirl have created a terrific airgunning.....I don't think paradise is too strong a word, & a lot of lasting friendships.
    Thanks for the great 'Birthday' pics Papa & thanks too for the many kindnesses received from Quigley Mates....
    ATB
    Gwyn
    And yet another lovely quote for The Lovely Gwyn.