Page 52 of 106 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: 16th and 17th June 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event And Payment Details

So, so sorry to hear your no better mate. Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure I can speak for us all when I say LOOK AFTER YOURSELF and please put your own wellbeing first x
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    So, so sorry to hear your no better mate. Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure I can speak for us all when I say LOOK AFTER YOURSELF and please put your own wellbeing first x
    I couldn't have put it any better than Dave, so I'll borrow his comments. Mick, everyone really appreciates what you've done for us all with the bash, but we'd all rather see you fit and well mate.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Right, let me put my cards on the table, I'm really very ill, but THE JUNE BASH WILL STILL GO AHEAD AS PLANNED .

Now plans are afoot for a well organised and well sponsored charity shooting event to take place here at Quigley Hollow over the August Bank holiday (25th/26th/27th).
    I'm just supplying the site for this, but if the event goes ahead I'd be inclined not to hold a September Bash in order for me try to recover a bit and hopefully you folks could attend this event instead, so boosting the amount raised for charity.

Those of you who know me, know I hate letting folks down and this isn't an easy decision to make.

On the upside, none of this is carved in stone and I may make a miraculous recovery so I won't be making a final decision until late June, but I thought I'd better forewarn you.

All the best Mick
    Really sorry to hear this Mick ,
    Hope things improve for you very soon.
    I'm not working Monday 11th June and Tuesday 12th of June
    I'm more than happy to come up too you and help with anything I can to get the field ready or anything that makes thing easier for you.
    Look after yourself, Jonny

And

I'll echo the above posts Mick!
    Look after yourself mate, take it easy and put yourself first.
    All the best
    Graham.

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Shit, mick. Gutted. Here's hoping for the best for you and shirl. We don't have your facilities but we can improvise for September if it takes the weight off your shoulders. Thoughts and love with you and shirl. Let us know. We can sort something. It won't be the same, but we can keep the momentum going.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

That's a real bugger you're still feeling shit there Mick and as everyone says your health is way more important than anything else. Again if I can help in any way for the June bash or August let me know. I'm more than happy to take the week off and come and help set up

Hearing that you are no better is really upsetting news, Mick.

You're such a generous and caring bloke and we all owe you big time.

As the other chaps have said, getting yourself well has to be your main priority. Look after yourself and get yourself right.

As the others have also said, anything I can do to help in any way, please just shout up.

If the August thing were to be a go-er, can't see any reason why I wouldn't be able to support it.

Brilliant offer from The Unframed one.

As I say, anything you need, just shout up.

All our love from everyone here and here's beaming positive, healing vibes.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Logging off for now.

Maybe back on later.

Thinking of you, Mick.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Right, let me put my cards on the table, I'm really very ill, but THE JUNE BASH WILL STILL GO AHEAD AS PLANNED .

Now plans are afoot for a well organised and well sponsored charity shooting event to take place here at Quigley Hollow over the August Bank holiday (25th/26th/27th).
    I'm just supplying the site for this, but if the event goes ahead I'd be inclined not to hold a September Bash in order for me try to recover a bit and hopefully you folks could attend this event instead, so boosting the amount raised for charity.

Those of you who know me, know I hate letting folks down and this isn't an easy decision to make.

On the upside, none of this is carved in stone and I may make a miraculous recovery so I won't be making a final decision until late June, but I thought I'd better forewarn you.

All the best Mick
    This is shit Mick, really sorry to hear this, feel for you both, was going to miss the June bash but I will endeavour to be there.
    Hoping for a full recovery for you mate.

Cheers
    MEl

Chippendale (with clothes on)

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post

Really sorry to hear you are still no better mate. The August event sounds good, what's the deal with it? Who's organising and what's it in aid of? Anything I can do to help in any way at any time let me know. You work so hard on the bash events Mick even when you've been so ill you're a bloomin diamond. I'm sure if you need any help to make June or August happen the boinger collective will be 100% there for you bud.
    Here's to a speedy recovery.

Chris
    Cheers Chris, and cheers to everybody else for your kind words and PMs.

Unfortunately since catching a simple cold at the last Bash I've steadily gone downhill to the extent that I can only stand and consequently work for about four hours a day, after four hours my legs stop working and I have to lie down and sleep.

I'm told this will eventually pass but no one knows when so as folks are already talking about the September Bash I thought I'd better explain the situation and pitch the August Bank holiday event to you all as an alternative.
    As this event is being held and organised by someone else it seems to be an ideal opportunity for me to take an extended break between Bashes to try to recover.
    My only input to this event will be to supply the site, targets, toilets and firewood, as I did for the Chinese and AirArms owners club.

The August bank holiday event is booked by the organisers, but I think it's only right to wait for them to announce the event before I say anything on here.

As I've already said I'll wait until the end of June before making a final decision on the September Bash.

All the best Mick

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    As the Bretheren have already stated Mick, so sorry to hear of this and we wish you all the very very best in the future and sincerely hope and pray you get better and live the life that you and Shirl so richly deserve !

You've both done more than enough over the years in hosting the Spring Gun Meets to give many of us Airgun Nuts hours of pleasure at Quigley Hollow and I for one am truely grateful for the experiance, opportunity and shear joy of shooting down there and meeting the many great people over the past few years and the many great freindships made thereon !

You take care and look after "thi sen" and I very much look forward to seeing you both again very soon in early June Sir !

Until then my Friend !

John.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Thinking of you, Mick.
    As above. But not in a sexual way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    As above. But not in a sexual way.
    Me thinks the gentleman doth protest too much

Nite nite all.

All the best to Mick

Echo the many thoughtful and warm remarks from everyone Mick concerning your health and welfare, it's a wonder how you've repeatedly maintained this event so superbly since becoming ill, your resilience and good humour are a great credit, and this comes with the best regards and good wishes. Sincerely, Ted.