Page 14 of 106 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: 16th and 17th June 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event And Payment Details

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    At last, a Tagline that’s actually true So, who’s been putting a Trail Cam in the Portaloos ?
    It's that whole "perspective" thing again, like when you're stood next to your Toyota Land Cruiser.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Got back from the hospital about half an hour ago.

Doggy walked and fed.

Well, my little soldier was indeed a brave little lad today. He's a proper little tough nut! Came around post anaesthetic around 6.00pm and they said that he could come home tonight if he recovered quickly enough. They've had a camera down for a good look around and they've also inserted a "bravo camera" which remotely talks to this clever little box that he has to wear around his midriff until tomorrow tea time, when I've got to take it back to Sheffield. The box records what is happening in his stomach and we have to keep a one day diary on what he's had to eat and drink and they compare the two to see what's happening.

By 6.30 he's saying, "I'm bored now, can I go home?"

Anyway, he seems fine. Looks like he wants to watch a movie with mum and dad, so may have to log off very shortly...

The arm, neck, shoulder thing.....really bad by last night again. Not so bad this morning. By the time I'd driven to the hospital, killing like mad again, leading me to think it's driving that's causing the issue, more specifically holding arms out in front. But then got better as the day went on......Mmmm.....maybe it IS pushing them bikes around at work that's causing / exacerbating the problem, as I've had two days of not pushing them about? That'll be a right bummer as I'm now finally in a job where I'm really happy!

We'll see how we go tomorrow........

Talking of tomorrow, when I have to take the camera back, it might be worth combining that with dropping in at NM Products.....I'll check in the morning how I'm doing for RWS pellets and may as well get some as I can take a minor detour to drop in there on the way to the hospital. Plus, shortening the "legs" of the trip will help the neck and arms thing, I think!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I’m pleased you lad is in good spirits Tone and hopefully he can go home tonight. Finger# crossed they can diagnose what’s going on for him and find him some relief.

Hopefully you will get some relief too matey, take it easy.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

I’m pleased you lad is in good spirits Tone and hopefully he can go home tonight. Finger# crossed they can diagnose what’s going on for him and find him some relief.

He's home, Pauly, and doing great, thank you bruv.

Sounds like he's watching Castaway now with his sister, so I may have had a lucky escape!

This pain thing of mine is dead weird, Pauly. As I'm sat tapping away, my neck is sore and fronts and backs of collar bones and funny bones are really tender. Them there muscles going from back of neck to shoulders (traps?) mega tender. Almost like it's tendonitis, maybe? Although I've not really known what that it is, but kinda makes sense with the symptoms and areas where it's happening? Maybe just ready for the knacker's yard?

As a medicinal man, would you say a small dose of Dr Jack Daniel's may help this evening?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    He's home, Pauly, and doing great, thank you bruv.

Sounds like he's watching Castaway now with his sister, so I may have had a lucky escape!

This pain thing of mine is dead weird, Pauly. As I'm sat tapping away, my neck is sore and fronts and backs of collar bones and funny bones are really tender. Them there muscles going from back of neck to shoulders (traps?) mega tender. Almost like it's tendonitis, maybe? Although I've not really known what that it is, but kinda makes sense with the symptoms and areas where it's happening? Maybe just ready for the knacker's yard?

As a medicinal man, would you say a small dose of Dr Jack Daniel's may help this evening?
    Absolutely a JD would help in fact, seriously.... alcohol does act as a muscle relaxant so it may help a bit. It sounds awful matey, it’s probably back/spine/disc related ??
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Absolutely a JD would help in fact, seriously.... alcohol does act as a muscle relaxant so it may help a bit. It sounds awful matey, it’s probably back/spine/disc related ??
    Mmmm.....Yep, those two big smashes and that MRI confirming four nadged discs would seem to point to that, Pauly. Plus some potentially serious self-inflicted wear and tear at the gym for about five years (1995 to 2000) when I was a little addicted to getting fit and toned, maybe overdoing it a bit. Should have just carried on going down the pub instead!

Oh well, better hit the JD.......

Lickle update....hic...hic!

Er, the JD's is upstairs. Gin and various other bits in the kitchen, so thought I'd hit the gin...hic...hic....er, feeling quite sloshed and fuzzy warm and the pain has subsided somewhat!

It's working!

Tipsy boingy tipsy BOING!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Lickle update....hic...hic!

Er, the JD's is upstairs. Gin and various other bits in the kitchen, so thought I'd hit the gin...hic...hic....er, feeling quite sloshed and fuzzy warm and the pain has subsided somewhat!

It's working!

Tipsy boingy tipsy BOING!!!!!!
    I think alcohol should be prescribed for all pain related ailments!!!! It sounds like you may have a bit of a trapped nerve there mate. Bloody nightmare when this sort of thing happens. I done 140 miles on the Africa at the weekend and have been suffering with my back since. we're all falling to bits

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Glad to hear that your lad is in good spirits Tone, when my neck/shoulder are bad the only thing that helps is acupuncture
    Pete

That is good news about your boy Tone. Hopefully better things ahead for him

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Glad to hear that your lad is in good spirits Tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    That is good news about your boy Tone. Hopefully better things ahead for him
    Cheers, peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I think alcohol should be prescribed for all pain related ailments!!!! It sounds like you may have a bit of a trapped nerve there mate. Bloody nightmare when this sort of thing happens. I done 140 miles on the Africa at the weekend and have been suffering with my back since. we're all falling to bits
    Yep, think you're right there, Mike.

Isn't getting old fun?

Hope you're not suffering too much and that it doesn't last long matey.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    ..... when my neck/shoulder are bad the only thing that helps is acupuncture
    Yep, I think we've spoken about this before, Pete. Following my last accident, after a while (physio wasn't helping with this one), I received six sessions of the traditional accupuncture. Absolutely superb stuff. Pain had gone COMPLETELY. Stayed away for over a year, when it started creeping back in. Once it had started to worsen, I asked the GP to try and arrange some more, but it was the Westernised version, which didn't touch it.

If I could afford it I'd be visiting the chap who treated me in 2014.

Cheers,

BOING!

And The Sllepometer Says.......

Put all those ailments aside 'cos in 53 sleeps' time it's Boinger Bash time.

BOING!

Unhappy Oops!

"Sllepometer", Eh?

Must have been that drop of gin "relaxing" brain parts!