Page 11 of 106 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: 16th and 17th June 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event And Payment Details

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Nice one, Pauly. Sounds like a top day.

Were you using the H&N Weihrauch pellets or the JSB variety?

A tin and a half of pellets? Fills me with dread this evening does that.

You see, a week last Tuesday my neck and right arm started really playing up. Stiff, no strength and like 50,000 volts running through my arm. Triceps, biceps, elbow, wrists, fingers, shoulder.....everything killing. It got slightly better when resting. This morning wasn't too bad and then got gradually worse all day at work. Struggled to drive home tonight as getting my right hand on the wheel was excruciating. Been eating painkillers like sweets for the last week and a half. Can't do naff all with my right arm tonight and had to eat cack handed! Trying to roll a tab was interesting after tea.

I'll be taking dog dog out shortly and then go and have a lay down, so logging off very shortly.

Y'know, even if the Mrs said to go and have a plink, the thought of holding and shooting one would make me shudder, never mind trying to cock one.

Keep the BOINGS boinging, boys and see you in the morning.
    Dunno Tone ?? It’s got Weihrauch on the tin ? They do look H&N like though ? You know me mate, love airgunning but thick as shite when it comes to technicalities :

Flip sake mate, that pain and discomfort don’t sound good is it all to do with the accident injury ? I hope it passes for you soon Tone. At least you have a day off tomorrow, take it easy Bruv x
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

You see, a week last Tuesday my neck and right arm started really playing up. Stiff, no strength and like 50,000 volts running through my arm. Triceps, biceps, elbow, wrists, fingers, shoulder.....everything killing. It got slightly better when resting. This morning wasn't too bad and then got gradually worse all day at work. Struggled to drive home tonight as getting my right hand on the wheel was excruciating. Been eating painkillers like sweets for the last week and a half. Can't do naff all with my right arm tonight and had to eat cack handed! Trying to roll a tab was interesting after tea.

I'll be taking dog dog out shortly and then go and have a lay down, so logging off very shortly.

Y'know, even if the Mrs said to go and have a plink, the thought of holding and shooting one would make me shudder, never mind trying to cock one.

That sounds like a bit of a bugger that Tone. Hopefully it will improve soon for you

Clear your inbox Mr HW45
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Haven’t been to my Range for a few weeks due to recent excellent long weekends away with Boingerati but I did go today and took my TX200, now... as most of you that know me know, I can tend to chat more than I shoot. However, today I got through a tin and a half of pellets, it was just one of those days where I was in the zone, shooting pretty well and just amazed at what this rifle can do when we do our bit. The Weihrauch.22 pellets are loved by this rifle, it’s great when you find the perfect match. I shot 3 consecutive pellets at 60yds within a 5p group at one stage. Even better... a couple of lads passed comment on the TX’s lovely walnut stock, I said “here, have a go”, which they did, and I loved the confused look as they tried to load a fully manufactured cack-hander. “There” I said, “now you know how I feel trying to shot a righty” and carried on shooting into the setting sun.. heaven.
    Now there speaks a contented man. Good thing Paul, you actually doin' some shootin'! At my club am with recently acquired 2007 walnut TX .177". Got trigger 3 ways fine adjusted - nice. Had gun apart pm to reduce TbT guides a touch and polish spring ends. All is well.

Sorry to hear this Tone, hope you're less incommoded and more comfortable by time you read this am. All the best mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    Now there speaks a contented man. Good thing Paul, you actually doin' some shootin'! At my club am with recently acquired 2007 walnut TX .177". Got trigger 3 ways fine adjusted - nice. Had gun apart pm to reduce TbT guides a touch and polish spring ends. All is well.
    Deffo a cool day for me shootin’ Ted. And, an equally fine time you had tinkering and tuning methinks

Clear your inbox Mr HW45
    Inbox now cleared mate

Sounds most excellent, Ted.

Have fun.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thank you for your kind thoughts my fine peeps.

No better this morning, unfortunately. And it was hard to even try and get comfortable in bed. Got a little sleep eventually. We'll see how it goes today. I was half thinking about getting myself to A&E. But I'm also booked off work tomorrow as my youngest is in hospital for an exploratory op to do with his acid reflux. Need to be able to drive etc for tomorrow.

Cheers again for your kind words, boys.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

55 little sleepies to go, peeps.

BOING!

Hope ye feeling better soon Tone. Regarding your sons op, if you want to have a chat about acid reflux, give name a shout mate, I've had it for years and had all sorts done, including stomach operations. I wish him well
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Hope ye feeling better soon Tone. Regarding your sons op, if you want to have a chat about acid reflux, give name a shout mate, I've had it for years and had all sorts done, including stomach operations. I wish him well
    Cheers, Dave.

Update on myself in next post.

As regards the little 'un, he was diagnosed with the reflux from a few months old and has been on Ameprozole for donkeys' years. Over the last few months they've reduced the dosage with a view to conducting a proper investigation with cameras etc, which is what they're doing tomorrow. Ever since they reduced the dosage he's been suffering big time. We'll see what they say......

Hope yours is under control and not on-going matey?

Dunno Tone ?? It’s got Weihrauch on the tin ? They do look H&N like though ? You know me mate, love airgunning but thick as shite when it comes to technicalities :

Flip sake mate, that pain and discomfort don’t sound good is it all to do with the accident injury ? I hope it passes for you soon Tone. At least you have a day off tomorrow, take it easy Bruv x
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    That sounds like a bit of a bugger that Tone. Hopefully it will improve soon for you
    Sorry to hear this Tone, hope you're less incommoded and more comfortable by time you read this am. All the best mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Hope ye feeling better soon Tone. )
    Cheers boys.

Well, earlier on it was killing like mad. Now that I've been up a couple of hours, walked and fed doggy, had brekkie, pain killers, tabs and strong coffee, it has eased somewhat. Still not good, but maybe 4/10 on a scale of 1 to 10. I even managed to not scream when opening the house door, managed to pick the kettle up and wash and put away my brekkie pots!

Pauly.....maybe all to do with the accidents.....a biggie off a YZF750 in '97 and the motorway event in the car five years ago. But when I had the MRI done about two and a half years ago (revealing four knackered discs), the consultant seems to think that the damage goes back longer than this. When I went to see him, I had no pain. But he said that if I experienced any arm or leg issues, to go straight in to A&E as he was worried. Anyways, I've has a few issues since, but reluctant to go in.

Over the last few days at work, with staggered days off etc., there have been only two instead of three of us in. When we close we have to bring about 20 bikes in, and there's this bloody ramp up to the door. Most are not too bad, but get some of the big touring ones and you know about it! Not back in until Wednesday, so hopefully a rest from that will help.

Will try and have a very easy day today and see how we go........

Cheers, my friends.

Quiet as the grave here this morning! Steveys gone home after a very busy week. Only today to recover then back into a huge week this week.

Never mind, only a couple of weeks and we have our little gathering on the coast

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Quiet as the grave here this morning! Steveys gone home after a very busy week. Only today to recover then back into a huge week this week.

Never mind, only a couple of weeks and we have our little gathering on the coast
    Oh Yes Churchill