Page 15 of 106 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: 16th and 17th June 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event And Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Here we go again Now I’m a dead little Actor

You feeling a bit better now then Mick
    I’ll sneak my old one back in later when Phantom Photo Fiddler isn’t looking
    At last, a Tagline that’s actually true So, who’s been putting a Trail Cam in the Portaloos ?
    Still there, matey.

Tell me it isn't blue as well, matey?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

And still no change this evening, Pauly!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Still there, matey.

Tell me it isn't blue as well, matey?
    No not blue thankfully Tone but nearer the ground than most blokes

I need to be sneaky with the change back as last time this happened I must’ve been given at least a dozen different Avatars

Anyways, how are doing today mate ? I hope your pain has eased up and how’s that young lad of yours ? Would some Bash therapy not help him
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

And still no change this evening, Pauly!
    Typing at same time methinks
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Dog dog's barking to go out again, Pauly. She ain't good today.

Back in a short while.......

Dog dog's barking to go out again, Pauly. She ain't good today.

Back in a short while.......
    Oh My, you’re all going through it this week mate

No not blue thankfully Tone but nearer the ground than most blokes

I need to be sneaky with the change back as last time this happened I must’ve been given at least a dozen different Avatars

Anyways, how are doing today mate ? I hope your pain has eased up and how’s that young lad of yours ? Would some Bash therapy not help him
    Oh My, you’re all going through it this week mate
    Not TOO bad, cheers, Pauly. My back, neck, shoulders and arms are stiff and sore, but nowhere near as bad as a couple of days ago. It must be said, however, that the medicinal intake of gin last night worked an absolute treat......nice, warm fuzzy feeling and really took the edge off the pain!

Unfortunately not practical to be taking the medicine all of the time, though!

The little one's not bad too, matey. His throat is sore from where he had the camera down and his acid is playing him up, but he can start with his medication again tonight. The camera box monitor thingy had to go back tonight. Thankfully, the Mrs volunteered to take it, as I was dreading the effects of a long run in the rush hour city traffic on my shoulders etc.

Doggy has not been good for ages, mate. Really, really weak and wobbly on her back legs. Some days better than others. Today's not a good day. The problem is, when I'm at home she constantly asks to go out (only five minute wobbles on the grass outside) and makes herself weaker and weaker. She's generally still eating okay, but appetite has certainly diminished a little over the last week. But she's still happy when laid down and loves her cuddles. Saturday night was really bad as sometimes she struggles over the door step and with my problems being worse on the Saturday I was struggling like mad to help her over the doorstep. She's resting now, thank God.

How you doing matey?

Any further news on the retirement front my friend?

Yeah, best not make the gin a repeat prescription for too long Tone but now and then won’t hurt. I hope they find a cure/major relief for the lad, I hate thinking of kids being unwell, it’s just not fair, same goes for doggies too but when I think I joined here nearly 3 years ago and Bremby was pretty ‘wobbly’ back then... she’s doing a Stirling job still getting around albeit slowly

Me: My position is gone, unlikely (fingers crossed) they will find me suitable alternative employment, new structure plans to go ‘live’ at end of June (won’t hold my breath) at which point I will be ‘displaced’ and given my notice of redundancy. I’m hoping at best to be outta there around July/August. Can’t bloody wait !!!

Yeah, best not make the gin a repeat prescription for too long Tone but now and then won’t hurt. I hope they find a cure/major relief for the lad, I hate thinking of kids being unwell, it’s just not fair, same goes for doggies too but when I think I joined here nearly 3 years ago and Bremby was pretty ‘wobbly’ back then... she’s doing a Stirling job still getting around albeit slowly

Me: My position is gone, unlikely (fingers crossed) they will find me suitable alternative employment, new structure plans to go ‘live’ at end of June (won’t hold my breath) at which point I will be ‘displaced’ and given my notice of redundancy. I’m hoping at best to be outta there around July/August. Can’t bloody wait !!!
    Yay! Retirement just in time for the September Bash matey! Make it an extra special long one if you can......those Sunday afternoons are lovely, relaxing affairs.

As regards the little 'un.....He's a tough little cookie. We'll have to see the docs again in about six weeks for the results from yesterday and the camera thingy monitoring the acid behaviour at certain times. But at least he can resume his medication now - we had to take him off it for a while prior to yesterday's investigation.

Doggy dog dog....Yep, it was July 2014 when she really went downhill and I thought I was going to lose her then. She bounced back from that (they never said, but I reckon she'd had a stroke) and then the bad water infection in Autumn 2015. Love that little doggy, but it's so sad to see her struggling now. She'll be 16 at the end of August if she gets there. And I know it's a bloody good age, but I'll still be utterly floored when she decides it's time to go.

Be great if you do venture up north in the near future matey so you can come and see us again.

Big hugs, unlimited hospitality and cuddles from The Bremster await!

Yay! Retirement just in time for the September Bash matey! Make it an extra special long one if you can......those Sunday afternoons are lovely, relaxing affairs.

As regards the little 'un.....He's a tough little cookie. We'll have to see the docs again in about six weeks for the results from yesterday and the camera thingy monitoring the acid behaviour at certain times. But at least he can resume his medication now - we had to take him off it for a while prior to yesterday's investigation.

Doggy dog dog....Yep, it was July 2014 when she really went downhill and I thought I was going to lose her then. She bounced back from that (they never said, but I reckon she'd had a stroke) and then the bad water infection in Autumn 2015. Love that little doggy, but it's so sad to see her struggling now. She'll be 16 at the end of August if she gets there. And I know it's a bloody good age, but I'll still be utterly floored when she decides it's time to go.

Be great if you do venture up north in the near future matey so you can come and see us again.

You are certainly all going through the ringer at the moment. A real bugger which hopefully will pan out ok in the near future mate.

That sounds fantastic about the retirement. I'm not jealous one little bit honest i'm not

I’m certain the September Bash will see me retired and free to stay as long as I like

I really, really am itching to go North mate, I have a couple of very, very special Boingerati buddies up there and..... just off the A1 on my way back that I miss. I’m just wanting to hang on to my holiday leave as I will be paid anything outstanding for this year and given I will have all the time I want once I do retire....... ! I also need to get to Ireland to see my family who I haven’t seen for longer than I would want to. Damn, this work lark is really getting in my way

Today I stripped down the HW35 Lochschaft to see whats inside. I found an original steel spring guide with two bits broken off and floating around loose in the rear of the cylinder and a completely shagged spring of the Ox square section variety. Fortunately I had another spring (albeit too long) and a guide from another rifle with I carried out slight modifications to. I ended up cutting a coil off the spring, heating it up and re'shaping to finish. Its now cleaned up, regreased and shooting lovely on open sights. I reckon I will keep it on opens as there is a bit too much movement in the barrel to scope it up. The zero at 25 yards was inches rather than mm but on opens its grouping around 30mm so not too disappointed at all. A fun afternoon for once

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    That sounds fantastic about the retirement. I'm not jealous one little bit honest i'm not
    It’s been a long time coming mate.... over 40 years of work but it’s gone sooooo quickly so don’t rush your life away Mikey, just try and retire as early as you can afford to I reckon in the meantime, enjoy every day

Mind you, if someone asked me 3 years ago what I will do when I retire, I would have struggled to say but, today, with my Airgun hobby and good friends I’ve met as a result..... I reckon I’ll wonder how I ever had time to fit work in (all being well)

I’m certain the September Bash will see me retired and free to stay as long as I like

I really, really am itching to go North mate, I have a couple of very, very special Boingerati buddies up there and..... just off the A1 on my way back that I miss. I’m just wanting to hang on to my holiday leave as I will be paid anything outstanding for this year and given I will have all the time I want once I do retire....... ! I also need to get to Ireland to see my family who I haven’t seen for longer than I would want to. Damn, this work lark is really getting in my way

Working is a bummer that's for sure. I'm starting to panic about my retirement slightly although a long way off as I have no pension plans to date and still a fair wack on the mortgage. Something will pan out in the end.........hopefully