Page 18 of 106 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: 16th and 17th June 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event And Payment Details

Just fifty little sleepies to go, peeps.

Still no word from Mick, though.

Hope you're okay there, Mick.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Just fifty little sleepies to go, peeps.

Still no word from Mick, though.

Hope you're okay there, Mick.

Don't worry, Tone --- I'm still here.

I'm just struggling with this cold at the mo.

Hee Hee Hee!

Following on from the thread started by Andrew (Mr English) and prompts by njaw and Terry D, looks like I might be writing some articles on some people's airgunning stories. Terry suggested someone from the Boinger Bash. And I can think of lots of fine folk from The Hollow. A bit of a potted history of their airgunning life.

Who's up for it? I can think of lots of characters that would make enlightening and fascinating reading for the AGW readership. Don't want to mention any names, but I could reel off a huge list!

BOING!!!!!
    everyone has a story tone I'm definatly up for it even though my story is pretty short..,
    I think its nice to show a spectrum of how air gunning spreads itself across such a diverse range of people from young to old, rich or poor, knowledgeable to clueless, light hearted to extremely serious...
    I think it was Jamie (mole trapper) who mentioned something along the lines of it was the most ridiculously colourful range of people that you end up calling your mates or something like that and its dead true.
    oh and another thing.... it doesn't matter how far or close, how expensive or cheap, how technologically complicated or simple, firing that tiny bit of lead and hitting what your aiming at just doesn't ever get boring!! lol
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

you shouldn't stand outside with your wet socks on so much then mick!! put youe coat on!!!! lol can you tell ive spent too much time with 3 kids under 5!!! lol
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    you shouldn't stand outside with your wet socks on so much then mick!! put youe coat on!!!! lol can you tell ive spent too much time with 3 kids under 5!!! lol
    Behave yourself, Rhys, or you'll get no pop and crisps later.

Behave yourself, Rhys, or you'll get no pop and crisps later.
    or straight to bed without any dinner?!!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    or straight to bed without any beer?!!
    Fixed it for you
    Pete

Good man.

I blame this daft changeable weather we're experiencing with colds lingering etc., although I also wonder if there's also a little crossover with hay fever at the moment?

Has the labyrinthitis eased any, or just being worsened with being bunged up?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

everyone has a story tone I'm definatly up for it even though my story is pretty short..,
    I think its nice to show a spectrum of how air gunning spreads itself across such a diverse range of people from young to old, rich or poor, knowledgeable to clueless, light hearted to extremely serious...
    I think it was Jamie (mole trapper) who mentioned something along the lines of it was the most ridiculously colourful range of people that you end up calling your mates or something like that and its dead true.
    oh and another thing.... it doesn't matter how far or close, how expensive or cheap, how technologically complicated or simple, firing that tiny bit of lead and hitting what your aiming at just doesn't ever get boring!! lol
    Excellent stuff, young Rhys. Thank you.

Many good points made there and yes, it was Jamie who mentioned that. As you say, the more people we get the better and try and get as many different views across. Readers will be able to liken much of what they see to their own experiences. I won't be altering anything that people say, so it'll be the individuals' experiences and observations that we get across.

And it'll be excellent publicity for The Boinger Bash.

or straight to bed without any beer?!!
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Fixed it for you
    Now THAT is a little harsh, Pete!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    How’s the aches and pains now Tone ? Better I hope.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Morning gents. A slight hangover today following all afternoon and evening on the razzle !!! We were supposed to be on a bike rally weekend but the weather was pants so we wussed out. Having spent the morning trawling bike shops and gun shops from here to Crawley the afternoon sesh seemed like a good idea. I'm not so sure now

Has the labyrinthitis eased any, or just being worsened with being bunged up?
    Unfortunately, Tone, the cold went straight to my ears and has put me right back to how I was in August.

My Physio says I've just got to wait for the cold to go before carrying on with my exercises.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    How’s the aches and pains now Tone ? Better I hope.
    Hey Pauly,

Yep, quite a lot better, thank you my friend.

Back to normal-ish with "background" pain, which most of us, I'm sure, "enjoy" when we're getting on a bit.

But loads, loads better, cheers.

Hope you is okay too. Getting down the range / perms this weekend matey?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Morning gents. A slight hangover today following all afternoon and evening on the razzle !!! We were supposed to be on a bike rally weekend but the weather was pants so we wussed out. Having spent the morning trawling bike shops and gun shops from here to Crawley the afternoon sesh seemed like a good idea. I'm not so sure now
    Naughty boys!

Drink plenty, rest a bit, take it easy and get some plinking in then, Mike.