Page 25 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: 16th and 17th June 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event And Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Glad to see you're enjoying it and getting more readied for your maiden visit.

Bring lots of biccies....we like biccies! And cakes, too!

And don't forget to keep a close eye on that power output.
    I can do all those things

I've had a chat with Mr Vortek UK about the power. I'll be fiddling with my trigger in a few days and will take the opportunity to skim off 2mm from the top hat on my lathe at the same time. This will keep her from creeping up as the seal beds in. I can always add a power washer at some point if the power drops. All easy stuff

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post

I've had a chat with Mr Vortek UK about the power. I'll be fiddling with my trigger in a few days and will take the opportunity to skim off 2mm from the top hat on my lathe at the same time. This will keep her from creeping up as the seal beds in. I can always add a power washer at some point if the power drops. All easy stuff
    I’m getting an itch to have a shoot of that there TX so, make sure you’re there Sunbeam, I reckon you may have more requests to have a go
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Absolutely no problem at all, I'd be very glad to let anybody shoot her It'll be nice to have some feedback.

I've been on PCP for the last 25 years (and still am). This is my first 'real' springer (not including the LGU I had for a week), and I mast say, I love the 'real' feel of this 'proper' air rifle. There is something nice about the old days and how it used to be done.

I'll be there Saturday evening with a small-ish silver trailer and blue Avensis. If you spot me, come and say hello

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How

I'll be there Saturday evening with a small-ish silver trailer and blue Avensis. If you spot me, come and say hello
    Don’t worry Sunbeam, you will be spotted and welcomed by all
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Excellent stuff.

Only joking about the biccies, mind. Just bring yourself, Miss Sunbeam, your toys and whatever you need for yourselves for an enjoyable visit. And enjoy you most certainly will.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Absolutely no problem at all, I'd be very glad to let anybody shoot her It'll be nice to have some feedback.

I've been on PCP for the last 25 years (and still am). This is my first 'real' springer (not including the LGU I had for a week), and I mast say, I love the 'real' feel of this 'proper' air rifle. There is something nice about the old days and how it used to be done.

Excellent to hear of your experiences with shooting a springer again and glad you're loving it.

Would love a go too, please. I've never knowingly shot one with a Vortek kit fitted.

And, as Pauly says, fret ye not. You'll be warmly welcomed by all and made to feel at home straight away.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Cool 44 Sleepies To Go!

BOING!

Been in the garden this afternoon testing all the tester packets of pellets I've bought over the last few weeks

150 shots latter and the fp is still nice and stable
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 03-05-2018 at 04:31 PM.

Long shot here, but anyone near Stoke on Trent who will be attending the next bash? I've a chance of five rabbit cage traps going at a good price but no way of getting them. Definitely a drink in it if anyone was able/willing.
    Cheers,
    Jamie.

I think Ray (not the one with the cakes) lives at Uttoxeter, so not too far away, Jamie?

Question @ Mike

Hope your back is feeling a little better, Mike.

Did you ever manage to get that stubborn end block off?

Ooh, thanks tone, I will offer him ummmm, beers, yes that's it beers. 😁

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Long shot here, but anyone near Stoke on Trent who will be attending the next bash? I've a chance of five rabbit cage traps going at a good price but no way of getting them. Definitely a drink in it if anyone was able/willing.
    Cheers,
    Jamie.
    I can do it. It's about an hour away and well within range.

Jeeze Steve! How many sexual favours?
    Seriously it's only about a thirty quid saving ...... But! I would love you forever.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hope your back is feeling a little better, Mike.

Did you ever manage to get that stubborn end block off?
    Thanks Tone. My back is a little better today. As for the end block I haven't yet dared attempt it again. Last weekend I gutted my little workshop and obtained a bloody great big vice which I've now mounted to the bench. I'm going to have a crack at making some seriously airgun friendly jaws for it and then give it another go.