Page 26 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: 16th and 17th June 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event And Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    .. But! I would love you forever.
    But you know that you already love the lovely cuddly Steve forever; as do all of us.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Thanks Tone. My back is a little better today. As for the end block I haven't yet dared attempt it again. Last weekend I gutted my little workshop and obtained a bloody great big vice which I've now mounted to the bench. I'm going to have a crack at making some seriously airgun friendly jaws for it and then give it another go.
    Glad your back's a little better, Mike, and let's hope this continues and your agony diminishes swiftly.

I've not had to resort to the vice yet, but like you say, some nice friendly jaws and, I guess, clamp on those flats near the breech opening. It won't have to be TOO tight, as long as it's held and can't rotate.

Might just be worth another go before trying the vice, with yourself (or your helper) gripping the action with some padded gloves. Tight fitting sturdy bar (whilst protecting the end block) with at least six inches protruding so that you can shock the bugger off with some solid whacks with the hammer.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Glad your back's a little better, Mike, and let's hope this continues and your agony diminishes swiftly.

I've not had to resort to the vice yet, but like you say, some nice friendly jaws and, I guess, clamp on those flats near the breech opening. It won't have to be TOO tight, as long as it's held and can't rotate.

Might just be worth another go before trying the vice, with yourself (or your helper) gripping the action with some padded gloves. Tight fitting sturdy bar (whilst protecting the end block) with at least six inches protruding so that you can shock the bugger off with some solid whacks with the hammer.
    Definitely a good plan Tone. I'm popping down to the metal factory where my steel beams are made next week. The guy that runs the place is a friend of mine and after a chat with him earlier in the week he's offered to let me have a gander through their off cuts for something suitable for the trigger block and hopefully machine it down for me.

Definitely a good plan Tone. I'm popping down to the metal factory where my steel beams are made next week. The guy that runs the place is a friend of mine and after a chat with him earlier in the week he's offered to let me have a gander through their off cuts for something suitable for the trigger block and hopefully machine it down for me.
    Excellent.

Cool And The Sleepometer Says.

43 to go, Fine Folk of The Hollow.

BOING!!

Its weird about the numbness thing. I haven't got a numb leg but my left butt cheek is dead and it is the lower back. MRI report says i'm old before my time
    It seems us lot have more in common than just springers. 3 years ago I was digging my patio up and picked up a lump of concrete that was about 200wt to throw it in the skip and thought nothing of it at the time but 3 days later I woke up with an aching back so I had a nice hot bath, I later went into my bedroom to get dressed and that was me off work for 3 months and not being able to walk more than 10 yds for 2 months. They were going to operate but the improvement between 6 and 8 weeks swung it to carry on with the physiotherapy. The mri scan shown the disc to have prolapsed and it must have been pinched by the vertebrates as half of it had cut away and was leaning on my spinal chord. I was told that the disc that had come away would eventually disintegrate. I still have trouble with it but on the whole I'm ok even though I think my days of triple jump are over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    I can do all those things

I've had a chat with Mr Vortek UK about the power. I'll be fiddling with my trigger in a few days and will take the opportunity to skim off 2mm from the top hat on my lathe at the same time. This will keep her from creeping up as the seal beds in. I can always add a power washer at some point if the power drops. All easy stuff
    I too would like to have a go with this.
    I have a TX200HC with 4 different set-up options; standard, short stroked, NickG lightweight piston and a standard stroke V-glide kit.
    Don't ask me to explain why I have these different set-ups as it's a long story, however when I decide which is my favourite I may well be selling the others.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    It seems us lot have more in common than just springers. 3 years ago I was digging my patio up and picked up a lump of concrete that was about 200wt to throw it in the skip and thought nothing of it at the time but 3 days later I woke up with an aching back so I had a nice hot bath, I later went into my bedroom to get dressed and that was me off work for 3 months and not being able to walk more than 10 yds for 2 months. They were going to operate but the improvement between 6 and 8 weeks swung it to carry on with the physiotherapy. The mri scan shown the disc to have prolapsed and it must have been pinched by the vertebrates as half of it had cut away and was leaning on my spinal chord. I was told that the disc that had come away would eventually disintegrate. I still have trouble with it but on the whole I'm ok even though I think my days of triple jump are over.
    Its amazing how easily it can happen. They reckon my arthritis began with a snowboarding injury to the lower spine but also had back problems prior to this possibly triggered by playing golf. I can be moving ok, get a sharp shock like pain in my lower back, the muscle goes into spasm and I end up either hunched forward or to the left. Its been pretty bad today which has slowed the work down somewhat.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    But you know that you already love the lovely cuddly Steve forever; as do all of us.
    Got to be nice to Jamie. Having an expert like him only ever a phone call away means no matter what my customers present me with I can always just pop back to the van and return with a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    Got to be nice to Jamie. Having an expert like him only ever a phone call away means no matter what my customers present me with I can always just pop back to the van and return with a solution.
    Excellent!

Its amazing how easily it can happen. They reckon my arthritis began with a snowboarding injury to the lower spine but also had back problems prior to this possibly triggered by playing golf. I can be moving ok, get a sharp shock like pain in my lower back, the muscle goes into spasm and I end up either hunched forward or to the left. Its been pretty bad today which has slowed the work down somewhat.
    Hang on in there, fellow "Glass Back Peeps"; salvation is at hand.

Now, I wasn't going to divulge any details of this just yet, but clinical trials of a new invention of mine have nearly reached a conclusion, with the results most encouraging...

The mighty BOING has come to rid us of all our pain and suffering. The system comprises of a strong yet flexible mainspring as the backbone with specially formulated Delrin disc replacements. Plus one other space age material, but I'm not at liberty to divulge any details of this soon to be patented wonder material.

Until its release, however, Doctor Zededius of Connetacult University has also formulated a stop gap back tuning wonder elixir. One hundred parts cod liver oil to seven parts fine grade moly powder again allied to a special and most top secret wonder ingredient. Taken orally once a day and gives effective relief, this will keep the pain and further degradation at bay until the new Boinger Back system can be made available with the permanent fix.

'Tis the power of The Boing!

And don't forget where you heard it first.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Hey Tone, got a VIP Golden ticket for the Superbike Do at Oulten Park Monday !
    Meals, Pits, Celebs finishing straight seats and all the works.
    What yer reckon ?

Lad I'm going with won two tickets in a Competition after he'd bought a new bike !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Hey Tone, got a VIP Golden ticket for the Superbike Do at Oulten Park Monday !
    Meals, Pits, Celebs finishing straight seats and all the works.
    What yer reckon ?

Lad I'm going with won two tickets in a Competition after he'd bought a new bike !
    I think you'll have a splendid time, John.. Enjoy!

And with you having paddock access and the forecast being good for the weekend, there will be lots of fit brolly dollies and other nice fitties to ogle at!

Take your camera!

Hang on in there, fellow "Glass Back Peeps"; salvation is at hand.

Now, I wasn't going to divulge any details of this just yet, but clinical trials of a new invention of mine have nearly reached a conclusion, with the results most encouraging...

The mighty BOING has come to rid us of all our pain and suffering. The system comprises of a strong yet flexible mainspring as the backbone with specially formulated Delrin disc replacements. Plus one other space age material, but I'm not at liberty to divulge any details of this soon to be patented wonder material.

Regards
    'Tis the power of The Boing!

And don't forget where you heard it first.
    How would this be inserted?

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    How would this be inserted?
    I sense the mention of Bumslide approaching
    Pete