Page 29 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: 16th and 17th June 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event And Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Excellent stuff mate, what a difference this new job has made to your work/life balance
    Yep, loads better, cheers Pauly.

It would be even better if it translated to more Plinky time, though.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    He's a mammys boy. She won't let me bring him, he's much better now though.
    Shame we won't get to see him, matey, but great to hear that he's lots better now.

Unlike The Brembster! She's been out for four little walks already this evening. The more she goes out, the more knackered she gets. I've been having to lift her over the door both going out and coming back in. She's panting like a mad thing again now and barking again, getting herself all worked up, so off we go again.......not sure if I'll get back on......

I fear my time with her is coming to a devastating close.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Shame we won't get to see him, matey, but great to hear that he's lots better now.

Unlike The Brembster! She's been out for four little walks already this evening. The more she goes out, the more knackered she gets. I've been having to lift her over the door both going out and coming back in. She's panting like a mad thing again now and barking again, getting herself all worked up, so off we go again.......not sure if I'll get back on......

Sorry to hear brems not doing so well bud. But you just don't know, she may get rally. Keep the faith and give her a big cuddle from me x

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Sorry to hear brems not doing so well bud. But you just don't know, she may get rally. Keep the faith and give her a big cuddle from me x
    Likewise Tony, very sorry indeed to hear this about Brembo mate, all the best, Ted.

And Baldy, I understand your concerns about castrating your dog, wise though it is, makes us blokes wince the very thought! I'm glad my great big 3yrs old yellow Lab was done by his previous owner before we adopted him at 19 mths. My other brown Lab 9yrs old is a bitch, had her since a pup.

Thank you chaps.
    Last edited by TonyL; 07-05-2018 at 05:37 AM.

And we're at

40 sleeps to go, peeps.

BOING!

That's a bugger Tone. Its amazing how attached we get to these creatures. One of our cats died a couple of years ago whilst I was on Mersea island on a bike rally. When Rachel phoned to tell me I had to disappear into my tent for a drunken cry.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    That's a bugger Tone. Its amazing how attached we get to these creatures. One of our cats died a couple of years ago whilst I was on Mersea island on a bike rally. When Rachel phoned to tell me I had to disappear into my tent for a drunken cry.
    That comes as no surprise, Mike, and I know I'll be a blubbering wreck for a long time when my Bremby goes. She's not been well for quite a long time and she'll be at the grand old age of 16 if she makes it to August. Doesn't make it any easier, though.

Do you get tomorrow off Tone ? That’d be a rare three days off on the bounce for you
    And you know summat, Pauly?

I said to the Mrs earlier that having worked (alternate) Sundays for donkey's years and doing a rota for Bank Holidays, it's going to take some time to get used to this.....I feel like I'm skanking time off at the moment!

Anyways, today that translated to a mega-long plink! I told her that I'd see if the youngest one might want a shoot and prise him away from the console. She's always been anti him shooting, but put up no protest. I was going to get the little Diana 24D out for this back garden session, but it's really awkward to get to, so I decided to get the little Crosman 1377 "mini carbine" out. Looks a bit like your 2250XL, but it's a pump-up and with a much shorter barrel. Started life as a pistol when I bought it nine years ago, then fitted the steel breech, shoulder stock and 4x32 scope. Now, with it being so light, having this short barrel, the butt plate sliding about in your shoulder and the not too brilliant trigger, you really have to be on the top of your game to get this to group tightly. Get it right and down the garden at 10 yards, it'll print tiny groups only slightly larger than a single pellet hole. But the slightest lapse in technique and it'll throw a flyer an inch out of the group.

Talked him through the safety stuff and technique and, blimey, the little bugger was shooting 5 shot groups about the size of a 5p piece. A little later we got hold of some really small drinks cans that would fit in the pellet trap so he could have a little fun time just blatting away at them!

Later on, needing my Boinger fix, I got the Tempest out. I got this Brummy one about six years ago and just had a few shots down the hallway to check it was okay. Had a pleasurable hour or so shooting 10m rifle targets at six yards. A bit all over the place to begin with, but as we bonded and I gave extra attention to the follow through and concentrating on the front sight, the majority of shots were in the black. Love the character of this little pocket rocket.

So, over the last few days I've shot the Ratbuster, the HW70, the pistol based pump-up carbine and the Tempest. If I get the chance tomorrow I'm going to give the HW40 and 45 an outing. Looking forward to that easy precision of the 40 and then the all-out character yet finesse of the 45. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Well it’s about time you managed a decent session Tone and hopefully you've got another little household advocate to give good reason for future plinky sessions. You mention the Ratcher I had off you.... it’s been in the loft for a good while now but now that the temperatures are rising, I must get it down and have a sesh with it
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    I think you'll have a splendid time, John.. Enjoy!

And with you having paddock access and the forecast being good for the weekend, there will be lots of fit brolly dollies and other nice fitties to ogle at!

Take your camera!
    Just got back, unbelievable day !
    Bennet's hospitality pavilion by the Pits, Grid walkabout and Podium viewing plus presentation for the main race !

They're all Barmy riding that fast but you were right about the Brolly Dollies !
    “An airgun or two”………

Well it’s about time you managed a decent session Tone and hopefully you've got another little household advocate to give good reason for future plinky sessions. You mention the Ratcher I had off you.... it’s been in the loft for a good while now but now that the temperatures are rising, I must get it down and have a sesh with it
    Absolutely, Pauly.

He's not the most expressive of characters, but I'll certainly be trying to nurture his interest. Whenever I've mentioned him coming to a Bash, mum's always said "no" as she doesn't want him shooting guns. But if she sees that he's interested I might even get him to come along next month.

Yep, get that Ratty out for a plink, matey. They're good enough fun and more than up to hammering some rolands. I tried it with Superdomes when it was mine and it certainly seemed to like them, Pauly. Must try them in my other Ratties. The Tempest was shooting easily as well if not better and it's a Boinger. Was using Accupells in both.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Just got back, unbelievable day !
    Bennet's hospitality pavilion by the Pits, Grid walkabout and Podium viewing plus presentation for the main race !

They're all Barmy riding that fast but you were right about the Brolly Dollies !
    Glad you enjoyed it, John. Might try and watch it later if I get the chance.

Told you it'd be worth it just to see some of those lovely young ladies!

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Glad you enjoyed it, John. Might try and watch it later if I get the chance.

Told you it'd be worth it just to see some of those lovely young ladies!
    Yep, great day, the lad I was with got a pillion ride on a 1000cc Superbike !
    “An airgun or two”………

Well it's 38 sleeps for us, still waiting for confirmation from SpringerMonkey but Papa and Clez will be there along with several litres of the demon brew. I suppose we'd better bring some guns as well otherwise we'll have borrow some or go and buy some. Might even have some new toys with us just to plink with of course. There again we might bring down the big gun
    Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    HW 95 .22 AA S410K .177 FX Wildcat .22 HW30 .177 HW90 .25 FX Maverick2