Page 35 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: 16th and 17th June 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event And Payment Details

Excellent stuff.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

And 34 sleepies to go, peeps.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Hi Mick, payment just made. Look forward to catching up with everyone.

Brilliant news, Mark.

As ever it'll be great to spend some time with you.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Cheers Chris, we’re all standing quite easily, lovely site here but The Hollow it aint. We’ve had a couple of nice evenings out/nice meals and just a small ain’t of drink as there is a ‘nose’ curfew at 22:00 so no siting out drinking and chatting. On he up side, I manage to be up and about by 08:00 with a totally clear head

Hope you and Spence have a fruitful weekend mate, sounds like a blast ! Say hello to Spence for me.
    Sounds like yourr being very sensible mate we had a good day on the rooks and bunnies yesterday but no nightime shooting as rain stopped play. Ive just surfaced to find spence is already out on the bunnies. If we shoot many more may have to make two trips to ferry them home going to get my boots on and get back at it x

Is that what you'd call a "Bunny Bonanza" Chris?

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Sounds like yourr being very sensible mate we had a good day on the rooks and bunnies yesterday but no nightime shooting as rain stopped play. Ive just surfaced to find spence is already out on the bunnies. If we shoot many more may have to make two trips to ferry them home going to get my boots on and get back at it x
    No wonder there’s never any rabbits when I go up. Leave ‘em alone !!
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Cool Pistol Triple Header!

Well, that was a very pleasurable afternoon!

I had intended to get the HW40 and 45 out last Tuesday but things went a little pear shaped.

So, today I said to the Mrs, "I'm just going to get a little Phillips driver out, something I want to try."

Well, what I wanted to try was to flip over the rear sight "blade" on the 2240 to convert it to an aperture rear. I really fancy having a go with a peep sight on one of my boingers, but can't really afford to go shelling out on one at the mo'. But it's a dead easy switch over job on the Ratty, so I thought it might be fun. Mmmm.....that hole is really small. So small, in fact, that when you hold it out at arm's length it's far too small and you end up taking ages to try and locate the front sight post. But, bring little pissle back closer to your eye and you can use it! So I ended up using it with rifle-like eye relief, resting the pistol on my arm. Result? Much easier to shoot some nice, tight groups compared to last week's affairs with the standard notch. Not sure if I'll keep it like that. Might even be worth trying opening that peep hole up slightly allowing it to be shot as normal.

Then I thought we'd get the '45 out. Awesome! And it brought home how much I've missed not shooting it recently. Since the June '17 Bash, I think. Blimey, loads and loads of character yet finesse in its big, chunky and solid format. Love it. After I'd finished on paper, I got one of those tiddly water cans that I mentioned last week, as they'll fit in the pellet trap easily and spent a few minutes mangling that up and getting it dancing about. I've not had much in the way of "basic plinking fun" in ages, as the garden doesn't really allow it, but it was thoroughly good fun!

And then I thought I'd get the '40 out. Blimey O'Reilly, I'd forgotten how utterly lazer-like accurate and forgiving this thing is and with its super, super-sweet trigger and the slightest muzzle "rise" it was so easy printing tiny groups at ten yards. I then annoyed the missus by shooting from the hallway, through the kitchen and down to the bottom of the garden - 16 yards-ish and mangling another of those little cans. Bloody hell, you just can't miss with this thing!

So, all in all a most thoroughly enjoyable two or three hours. And all the pistols have had an airing recently - open sighted Boinger up next!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Just been down to the local lake for a couple of hours. Bloody slow but at least I remembered how to set up a float rod.
    All ready to get my revenge on Mick's pond. Dave remember the bread!!
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Well, that was a very pleasurable afternoon!

I had intended to get the HW40 and 45 out last Tuesday but things went a little pear shaped.

So, today I said to the Mrs, "I'm just going to get a little Phillips driver out, something I want to try."

Well, what I wanted to try was to flip over the rear sight "blade" on the 2240 to convert it to an aperture rear. I really fancy having a go with a peep sight on one of my boingers, but can't really afford to go shelling out on one at the mo'. But it's a dead easy switch over job on the Ratty, so I thought it might be fun. Mmmm.....that hole is really small. So small, in fact, that when you hold it out at arm's length it's far too small and you end up taking ages to try and locate the front sight post. But, bring little pissle back closer to your eye and you can use it! So I ended up using it with rifle-like eye relief, resting the pistol on my arm. Result? Much easier to shoot some nice, tight groups compared to last week's affairs with the standard notch. Not sure if I'll keep it like that. Might even be worth trying opening that peep hole up slightly allowing it to be shot as normal.

Then I thought we'd get the '45 out. Awesome! And it brought home how much I've missed not shooting it recently. Since the June '17 Bash, I think. Blimey, loads and loads of character yet finesse in its big, chunky and solid format. Love it. After I'd finished on paper, I got one of those tiddly water cans that I mentioned last week, as they'll fit in the pellet trap easily and spent a few minutes mangling that up and getting it dancing about. I've not had much in the way of "basic plinking fun" in ages, as the garden doesn't really allow it, but it was thoroughly good fun!

And then I thought I'd get the '40 out. Blimey O'Reilly, I'd forgotten how utterly lazer-like accurate and forgiving this thing is and with its super, super-sweet trigger and the slightest muzzle "rise" it was so easy printing tiny groups at ten yards. I then annoyed the missus by shooting from the hallway, through the kitchen and down to the bottom of the garden - 16 yards-ish and mangling another of those little cans. Bloody hell, you just can't miss with this thing!

So, all in all a most thoroughly enjoyable two or three hours. And all the pistols have had an airing recently - open sighted Boinger up next!
    Excellent Tone. Sounds like a well deserved plinking session. I too love my 45 and 40. As you say the accuracy of the 40 is bloody phenomenal. I have a 75 too but for some reason prefer the 40

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Excellent Tone. Sounds like a well deserved plinking session. I too love my 45 and 40. As you say the accuracy of the 40 is bloody phenomenal. I have a 75 too but for some reason prefer the 40
    The '75 is one of the few missing from my HW mob, Mike. I've always fancied one but simply can't justify or afford at the moment. The lovely Phil, El Rickenbackerboingeroony, once offered me one at a very good price at a Bash but I couldn't afford. Shame.

But I do love the little '40. Love the Glock-esque looks, the feel, that delicious trigger and that amazing accuracy. I've sometimes also been tempted by one of the Chinky/Beeman copies as a "knockabout" gun, just not quite sure if the build and quality of internals will be okay, especially from a safety point of view re trigger parts. And maybe also parts availability.

Last year when I visited Nick, Oldskoolzzz, to collect the little HW50 that he collected for me, he had just bought one and it certainly seemed (outwardly at least) very impressive for the money.

And I've said for years that I'd love Weihrauch to bring out a rifle version of the '40. Just imagine a light, compact, recoilless little carbine with the 40's trigger and accuracy in single stroke format giving about 8ft.lbs. Awesome on targets and as a pin-point accurate barn gun!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Just been down to the local lake for a couple of hours. Bloody slow but at least I remembered how to set up a float rod.
    All ready to get my revenge on Mick's pond. Dave remember the bread!!

The slurp of that little carp taking the floated crust was one of the best moments of the weekend. It wasn't the biggest I've caught, but the little fella was as wild as you could get and I was probably the first person to catch him.

I'll bring some tackle as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    The '75 is one of the few missing from my HW mob, Mike. I've always fancied one but simply can't justify or afford at the moment. The lovely Phil, El Rickenbackerboingeroony, once offered me one at a very good price at a Bash but I couldn't afford. Shame.

But I do love the little '40. Love the Glock-esque looks, the feel, that delicious trigger and that amazing accuracy. I've sometimes also been tempted by one of the Chinky/Beeman copies as a "knockabout" gun, just not quite sure if the build and quality of internals will be okay, especially from a safety point of view re trigger parts. And maybe also parts availability.

Last year when I visited Nick, Oldskoolzzz, to collect the little HW50 that he collected for me, he had just bought one and it certainly seemed (outwardly at least) very impressive for the money.

And I've said for years that I'd love Weihrauch to bring out a rifle version of the '40. Just imagine a light, compact, recoilless little carbine with the 40's trigger and accuracy in single stroke format giving about 8ft.lbs. Awesome on targets and as a pin-point accurate barn gun!
    That would make a bloody brilliant rifle!!!! The 75 is excellent but the 40 is for some bizarre reason the one pick up first. I nearly bought the Beeman version as it was 70 quid cheaper but having then tested the both of them at the shops mini range the Weihrauch quality took no time to shine through. Just the general build quality and mouldings are in a different league to be honest. Also the trigger on the particular beeman that I tried was really rough in comparison. I'd love to try a 40 in .22 for plinking

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    That would make a bloody brilliant rifle!!!! The 75 is excellent but the 40 is for some bizarre reason the one pick up first. I nearly bought the Beeman version as it was 70 quid cheaper but having then tested the both of them at the shops mini range the Weihrauch quality took no time to shine through. Just the general build quality and mouldings are in a different league to be honest. Also the trigger on the particular beeman that I tried was really rough in comparison. I'd love to try a 40 in .22 for plinking
    Cheers for your observations on the Beeman version, Mike.

And, yes, I've been winding myself up over a HW40 in .22 for a while. Should be fun. Can't really afford anythng right now unless I sold something. Very nearly all of my guns are keepers. The only ones I'd probably consider selling would be the 2240 and the 2240 mini-carbine. Then everything else would be self-contained. (Apart from the little PPK/S, but that was a prezzie from the Mrs and, although it's hardly been used, it's just so cute.......).

Oh, and they do the '40 in .20, too!

Just packed the car up to go home. Not sure if the suspension will handle it but fingers crossed 37 rooks 45 rabbits and a couple of pigeons, i wish it was like this every weekend lol