Page 66 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: 16th and 17th June 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event And Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Remind me: who’s turning up on the Thursday ? (Apart from Trumpetier as that’s a given)
    Nice one Jonny. I think Mikey45 is aiming for Thursday too ? Bongo hasn’t left since April so he’ll be there
    I'm pretty sure Papa Cleary and Clez were due to arrive on the Thursday, Pauly; can't remember if Papa said if springer monkey would be along on the day also, or later? Jamie'll be there, won't here? Unframed Dave?

And, although I can't be there in person, I'll most certainly be with you boys in spirit matey.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Remind me: who’s turning up on the Thursday ? (Apart from Trumpetier as that’s a given)
    I'm arriving Friday and leaving Saturday late afternoon

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I'm pretty sure Papa Cleary and Clez were due to arrive on the Thursday, Pauly; can't remember if Papa said if springer monkey would be along on the day also, or later? Jamie'll be there, won't here? Unframed Dave?

And, although I can't be there in person, I'll most certainly be with you boys in spirit matey.
    Bless ya Tone thanks for the reminder

If The Lovely Cleary Clan are there it won’t really matter who else is there cos I won’t rember the next few days anyway
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Anyways, I was thinking that, maybe for just plinking in the garden with the Ratties, if I bought some cheapy Marksman pellets, there might not be any appreciable difference in accuracy at such close range. And, at £3.95 a box, the combined cost of those and ten CO2s works out about the same as a tin of "higher end" pellets.

Well, got home about an hour ago. Walked and fed the Brem. Then another walk after woof woof woofy antics again. Opened the box about twenty minutes ago and.....JESUS CHRIST......they look positively shocking. I haven't even seen any of these for about forty years and no bloody wonder those first tins of German pellets that I bought all those years ago (RWS Diabolo and Hobby) looked so lovely back then. As, to be fair, did the old Wasps back in the day.

Now, I feel a bit daft even saying this, but will they be safe in the barrels? They look truly, truly manky and horribly minging! Anyone know the composition of these things? Of course, I know they'll be fine and cause the barrels no harm; they might even pleasantly surprise me on the performance front at close range, but boy, do they look horrible or what?

Brought back memories of going into the local sports supply shop all those years ago and the small selection of Relums, Milbro Dianas, Marksman and Milbro pellets........That was until we discovered a shop in Worksop (8 miles away) who stocked the proper stuff......BSA, Webley, Weihrauch etc and the good old Wasps........

Anyone else used the manky Marksmans recently?
    I bought some in .22 flavour recently to put in my display cabinet, just to add to the collection

Over the last few years I've also bought a few tins in .25 for my BSA Supersport and the pellets do indeed look a bit 'rough'
    There's bits of swarf and debris in the tin, and once l've put them through a pellets sizer to suit the BSA barrel, there's even more bits hanging orf

They're OK for short range practice and reliving those halcyon days of Olde, but shopping around, and looking at JSR's website, there's plenty of very reasonable pellets available for not much more and of better quality

I remember buying 500 .177 Marksman in the red cardboard box for 87p from a local sports shop years ago. They grouped quite well in my Mk3 Wobbly Hawk, but Wasps / Pylarms were better

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Bless ya Tone thanks for the reminder

If The Lovely Cleary Clan are there it won’t really matter who else is there cos I won’t rember the next few days anyway
    Try the "going light on the drinkies" on the Saturday again, Pauly.

You looked remarkably alert and "with it" on the Sunday, my friend.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    I bought some in .22 flavour recently to put in my display cabinet, just to add to the collection

Over the last few years I've also bought a few tins in .25 for my BSA Supersport and the pellets do indeed look a bit 'rough'
    There's bits of swarf and debris in the tin, and once l've put them through a pellets sizer to suit the BSA barrel, there's even more bits hanging orf

They're OK for short range practice and reliving those halcyon days of Olde, but shopping around, and looking at JSR's website, there's plenty of very reasonable pellets available for not much more and of better quality

I remember buying 500 .177 Marksman in the red cardboard box for 87p from a local sports shop years ago. They grouped quite well in my Mk3 Wobbly Hawk, but Wasps / Pylarms were better

BOING

Mmmm......yeah, I was sort of thinking I might just store them for olde times' sake and stick to the tried and tested Hobbies for short range use, Paul. Worth £3.95 for the giggle factor alone, methinks!

We had to take Frankie for an ultrasound scan at The Children's Hospital at Sheffield today, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to look at my RWS pellet stock and nip to NM products. Doing okay for pellets, just a little low on .22 'Domes, which a lot of my guns seem to like. So I thought I'll get a tin of those and some CO2 for the Ratties. A few seem to last me a long time.

Anyways, I was thinking that, maybe for just plinking in the garden with the Ratties, if I bought some cheapy Marksman pellets, there might not be any appreciable difference in accuracy at such close range. And, at £3.95 a box, the combined cost of those and ten CO2s works out about the same as a tin of "higher end" pellets.

Well, got home about an hour ago. Walked and fed the Brem. Then another walk after woof woof woofy antics again. Opened the box about twenty minutes ago and.....JESUS CHRIST......they look positively shocking. I haven't even seen any of these for about forty years and no bloody wonder those first tins of German pellets that I bought all those years ago (RWS Diabolo and Hobby) looked so lovely back then. As, to be fair, did the old Wasps back in the day.

Now, I feel a bit daft even saying this, but will they be safe in the barrels? They look truly, truly manky and horribly minging! Anyone know the composition of these things? Of course, I know they'll be fine and cause the barrels no harm; they might even pleasantly surprise me on the performance front at close range, but boy, do they look horrible or what?

Brought back memories of going into the local sports supply shop all those years ago and the small selection of Relums, Milbro Dianas, Marksman and Milbro pellets........That was until we discovered a shop in Worksop (8 miles away) who stocked the proper stuff......BSA, Webley, Weihrauch etc and the good old Wasps........

Anyone else used the manky Marksmans recently?
    What does a ‘shocking’ looking tin of pellets look like Tone ? As a newbie(ish) I don’t know ?? Bent and ‘damaged’, disformed etc. ?

I’ve got sh1t loads of .22 Superdomes that I don’t use very much so I’ll bring a couple of tins for you (if I flippin remember but.. feel free to remind me by PM)
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

What does a ‘shocking’ looking tin of pellets look like Tone ? As a newbie(ish) I don’t know ?? Bent and ‘damaged’, disformed etc. ?

I’ve got sh1t loads of .22 Superdomes that I don’t use very much so I’ll bring a couple of tins for you (if I flippin remember but.. feel free to remind me by PM)
    Well, they look kinda cheap, manky, really thin fragile looking skirts, a very "industrial" looking black colour....kinda cute in some ways as it conjures up images of the "good old days" of the proud Brum tradition and BSA and Webley producing many thousands of guns.....bell target leagues galore, marksmanship being looked on as "a good thing" with potential future wars in mind.....smog, smoke, coal, oil etc etc.......

But things have moved on big time and, as said earlier, Pauly, even 40 odd years ago these were certainly looking second best to the quality brands. Suppose they fulfilled their role in the market place, though.

Talking of which, I'd love to visit Armoury Road one day, matey. I know it'll be nothing like those golden days gone by, but still feel the calling for a pilgrimage. Maybe a few of us ought to try and meet up and do it and then go have a beer?

Bremby walk NUMBER FOUR for the evening coming up now.......aarghhhhh!

Well, they look kinda cheap, manky, really thin fragile looking skirts, a very "industrial" looking black colour....kinda cute in some ways as it conjures up images of the "good old days" of the proud Brum tradition and BSA and Webley producing many thousands of guns.....bell target leagues galore, marksmanship being looked on as "a good thing" with potential future wars in mind.....smog, smoke, coal, oil etc etc.......

But things have moved on big time and, as said earlier, Pauly, even 40 odd years ago these were certainly looking second best to the quality brands. Suppose they fulfilled their role in the market place, though.

Talking of which, I'd love to visit Armoury Road one day, matey. I know it'll be nothing like those golden days gone by, but still feel the calling for a pilgrimage. Maybe a few of us ought to try and meet up and do it and then go have a beer?
    See.... us ‘young ‘un’s know nowt but thanks for the excellent description Matey

Armoury Road Pilgrimage sounds very very cool. I’d deffo be up for that mate. Could/would you organise.

See.... us ‘young ‘un’s know nowt but thanks for the excellent description Matey

Armoury Road Pilgrimage sounds very very cool. I’d deffo be up for that mate. Could/would you organise.
    I'll have to bring some of the offending items to The Hollow, matey, then you can roll about laughing when you see them!

Okay, re The Boinger Boys BSA Blatt, we'll see who's up for it. It'd be great if Uncle Mick's health improves quickly as I'd love it if he could come along. CraigP and Gwyn would, I'm sure, know the area and also know the whereabouts of a decent pub nearby. I'm thinking an older, more traditional pub, if one exists close by? And the more the merrier, as far as I'm concerned. Taking it one stage further, if we had a decent sized posse, I wonder if it would actually be possible to arrange a factory visit / tour?

Was aiming to get there Thursday but spoke to Jimbo yesterday and his leave doesn't start till Fri lunchtime so eta mid afternoon friday. Just don't all peak too soon, save some drinking stamina for Friday too can't wait to see everyone

I once opened a tin of modernish wasps to find half of them were holed right the way through, the hollow of the skirt went right the way through the head of the pellet, they were like mini tubes. Would have been interesting to try and fire one

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    I'm arriving Friday and leaving Saturday late afternoon

BOING
    Emma and I will be there on Friday too. She's bringing her boyfriend Luke with her this time, who is cack handed like myself, so it looks like I'll be losing a gun.
    Last edited by gtfreight; 06-06-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Nice one Jonny. I think Mikey45 is aiming for Thursday too ? Bongo hasn’t left since April so he’ll be there
    I am indeed aiming for Thursday mate. I reckon me and Dave (Trumpetier) will be logging on about 4.30am ready to prepare for a race off the line