Page 9 of 106 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: 16th and 17th June 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event And Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Sorry I've not been on much folks --- I'm still suffering.

Payments received in the last few days from Mr Sunbeam and daughter --- welcome on board folks, looking forward to meeting you.

Payments also received from Bash regulars, TonyL, CraigP, MartynT and Unframed Dave --- looking forward to seeing you all again as always.

All the best Mick
    Sorry to hear that. Hopefully recovery is around the corner somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Indeed. Stick to your nice non twangy one. I'm having a job getting my silver twanger apart at the moment, so twanging it most certainly is
    Guessing the end block is a little tight, Mike?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Sorry I've not been on much folks --- I'm still suffering.

Payments received in the last few days from Mr Sunbeam and daughter --- welcome on board folks, looking forward to meeting you.

Payments also received from Bash regulars, TonyL, CraigP, MartynT and Unframed Dave --- looking forward to seeing you all again as always.

All the best Mick

Sorry to hear you're not in a good way, Mick. No bloody justice in this cruel world we live in.

But I hope you're feeling better soon; this has gone on for far too long.

Great to see that list growing and a warm official welcome to the Sunbeams.....great to have you on board.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    Hi TonyL

Would you able to empty an old message?
    I'm trying to send you a PM, but your inbox is full.
    Sorry.
    Sorry, fellow new Boingerpeep.

Space now.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Guessing the end block is a little tight, Mike?
    Its bloody tight Tone. I had a large adjustable spanner well wrapped in cloth and a super snug fit in the trigger block. After three donks with a hammer I realised even as well wrapped as it was it had marked the trigger block slightly and hadn't budged an inch. I'm going to cut a piece of hardwood over the weekend and give that a go instead.

Its bloody tight Tone. I had a large adjustable spanner well wrapped in cloth and a super snug fit in the trigger block. After three donks with a hammer I realsised even as well wrapped as it was it had marked the trigger block slightly and hadn't budged an inch. I'm going to cut a piece of hardwood over the weekend and give that a go instead.
    Mmmm......I once worked on one with a really tight end block, Mike. Tried wood.....it broke! If you can, try and obtain a sturdier rectangular section steel bar that fits snugly once padded. And make sure you give it some bloody hard whacks. The aim is to shock it into submission rather than trying to gain leverage.

There was talk on here a few years ago suggesting it was down to bluing salts. Not sure if it's a similar-ish thing going on with the nickel one?

Solidly securing the receiver (whilst taking care not to mark it, obviously) will help no end. Maybe on the "flats" near the breech?

A good few squarely aimed solid whacks should then sort it.

On rebuild, be sure to clean those threads and apply a tiny bit of moly grease to assist future strips.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Its bloody tight Tone. I had a large adjustable spanner well wrapped in cloth and a super snug fit in the trigger block. After three donks with a hammer I realised even as well wrapped as it was it had marked the trigger block slightly and hadn't budged an inch. I'm going to cut a piece of hardwood over the weekend and give that a go instead.
    I shan’t ever forget at my first Bash.... Tinners and Bongo brining me and my brand new HW77 over to Micks workshop to fit a TbT kit, the end block on mine was very tight and I cringed as the lads knocked seven bells out of it with a lump hammer. All was well in the end thankfully
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I shan’t ever forget at my first Bash.... Tinners and Bongo dragging me and my new bird over to Micks workshop and I cringed as the lads bamged seven bells out her. All was well in the bell-end department thankfully
    Why did I not hear of this before now, Pauly?

Why did I not hear of this before now, Pauly?
    I’m sure you must have I’ve mentioned it once or twice. I’ve never been near Micks workshop since
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

I shan’t ever forget at my first Bash.... Tinners and Bongo brining me and my brand new HW77 over to Micks workshop to fit a TbT kit, the end block on mine was very tight and I cringed as the lads knocked seven bells out of it with a lump hammer. All was well in the end thankfully
    It made me cringe doing it too. The couple of minor marks I've put on the underside of the block are pretty insignificant but bug the hell out of me nonetheless. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to things being right and this is proving a real challenge. I reckon as Tony says, a sweet fitting lump of metal well wrapped could be the way to go. The securing of the rest of the action is a bugger too. Its doing it without damaging that worries me.

I’m sure you must have I’ve mentioned it once or twice. I’ve never been near Micks workshop since
    Not surprised, Pauly.

And then they went and stuck her on the pole so that all and sundry could have a go!

It made me cringe doing it too. The couple of minor marks I've put on the underside of the block are pretty insignificant but bug the hell out of me nonetheless. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to things being right and this is proving a real challenge. I reckon as Tony says, a sweet fitting lump of metal well wrapped could be the way to go. The securing of the rest of the action is a bugger too. Its doing it without damaging that worries me.
    As long as that bar is a good, snug fit, Mike, and any action parts are protected, you'll be fine. You might get away with a helper holding the action - it'd be a good idea for them to wear thick gloves or wrap the action in a thick cloth so as to isolate their arms from the shock, though.

As long as that bar is a good, snug fit, Mike, and any action parts are protected, you'll be fine. You might get away with a helper holding the action - it'd be a good idea for them to wear thick gloves or wrap the action in a thick cloth so as to isolate their arms from the shock, though.
    That's a good plan mate. I reckon failing that I may get some high density foam and make up some special jaws for the rather large vice I have in my shed. I just dread the though of something twisting if not held correctly and a scratch or scratches appearing somewhere significant on the action. I wish it was like the 98. They're a piece of piss to work on in comparison

That's a good plan mate. I reckon failing that I may get some high density foam and make up some special jaws for the rather large vice I have in my shed. I just dread the though of something twisting if not held correctly and a scratch or scratches appearing somewhere significant on the action. I wish it was like the 98. They're a piece of piss to work on in comparison
    Once that end block has been persuaded to move that first time, you'll find it a doddle, Mike.

They had to put mine in a vice to eventually shift it Mike but it was well protected and as Tony says, a bit like a Virgin, once you’ve broken that seal, it’s stays slack for evermore