Page 99 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1585

Thread: 16th and 17th June 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event And Payment Details

How awesome is Mick? -- He only arranged an Avro Lancaster fly-past for us on the Sunday!

And no, it wasn't on it's way to or from an air show, I checked.

Lancaster!

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    That jolly fine chap we were talking with was none other than Neil Price, Mel. Now retired gunsmith but he still writes the technical strip-down and fettling guides for Airgunner Magazine.

That safety spring shown on the Chambers site will be incorrect methinks, John, with Mel's gun having the "single sided" safety. I wonder if Protek may have one? Or, as the chaps were saying, if you could source another little spring (I think the chaps were saying that there was a little recess for the spring to fit in?).

Cheers Phil, Neal, even got his christian name wrong, I'll give Protek a bell and have a word if I give them the serial number of the gun and the year of manufacture if they do have a spring for the HW35E they should know if its correct for the year, ie a single safety and not a through one.
    Thanks once again for the effort and info.

Cheers

Mel
    Chippendale (with clothes on)

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    How awesome is Mick? -- He only arranged an Avro Lancaster fly-past for us on the Sunday!

Lancaster!
    Bloody hell, what time was that then?

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Bloody hell, what time was that then?

Mel

2 o'clock I think it were, Mel.

2 o'clock I think it were, Mel.
    Brilliant, you lucky sods

Mel

Lancaster!
    Yes, it certainly was a most splendid surprise, Phil.

Must admit I did feel a bit hesitant about pointing my rifle at it so as to get a better look at it through the scope!

Awesome it was, awesome!

How's the back doing, Phil?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Will it be September? There were rumblngs of it coinciding with another meet in August and I want to be sure to make sure I'm in the UK for this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Super-Awesome!
    YAY!

Nice one, Nick.

You were missed this last weekend.

How was Le Mans?

Did you take The Porkster?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Well what a weekend I had.

Concentrated on my springers and got the bucket a couple of times.

Didn't bring my pcp because it would be too tempting to get it for the difficult targets and after all, it is the boinger bash. To quote " it don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring.

Lovely people. Lovely food. Lovely place.

Looking forward to the next one.
    Neil
    Last edited by Neil54; 19-06-2018 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Spell checker error

Great to hear you had a fantastic time, Neil.

Hardly a surprise, though....every newbie says it.

The warm welcome everybody receives makes them feel at home straight away and the lovely, laid back feel of the event and our so, so special Little Field of Joy and the friendliness of everyone attending sees to the rest.

Bash number 19 coming next........

BOING!

Happy Birthday Boinger Bash mini-post bump!

How truly fitting that the timing for this, the 18th Boinger Bash, falls on the fifth birthday of this glorious event.

Five wonderful, life-changing years.

Did the little band of dreamy-eyed springer enthusiasts ever believe that this little spark of an idea could flourish into such a beautiful event? A national, nay internationally, recognised meet-up of airgun enthusiasts, with a wonderfully unique and informal flavour. And an event that is so eagerly anticipated by the many returnees.

Many genuine, long-term friendships have been forged at Quigley Hollow. Friendships that will truly stand the test of time and friendships that show true caring spirit and brotherhood. My best friends are the friends thst I have made at The Boinger Bash events.

And, as has been said countless times by so many appreciative people, a huge thank you to our wonderful hosts Mick and Shirl for firstly offering to host the event in the first place and then for the continued hard graft and commitment to the cause, making each and every meet so special.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOINGER BASH!

BOING!
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Well said Tony,

I've just finished loading the car and should be setting off in half an hour or so and may stop for a brekky on the way down so with a little bit of luck I should be there between 9 and half past.
    See you all soon.
    Safe journey, Gary, and to all who are travelling to and returning from The Hollow over the next few days.

It really is a case of pride and satisfaction that The Bash has grown into the hugely successful and influential event that it has become.

It seems so long ago now that this small bunch of springer nuts were burning the midnight oil and dreamily concocting up a basis for such a meet. A collection of diverse people from all four corners of our green and pleasant land. Even the likely location was a matter of great debate until our Mick grabbed it firmly with both hands and offered not only to host the meet but to organise it down to the last, perfect detail.

Nobody had met before and no-one had a clue as to how many people would actually turn out on the day, how people would get on and how the day would pan out. The fact that not only is it still here, but going from strength to strength, is testament to the successful prescription and the bonding and charming nature of the spring operated airgun and the lovely people who have become entranced by this wonderful system of projectile propulsion.

The Boinger Bash has been a life-changing event for myself and so many others; it's a way of life.

And it's all down to Mick and Shirl's unerring commitment and to the fine people who continue to attend and support.

Long may The Boinger Bash live and prosper.

Love you all, peeps.

BOING!
    Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Very well put Tony.
    The Boinger Bash is a great event and I really look foreword to it every time.
    I will be making my way to the Hollow about 10 o'clock ish and hopefully get there at 1 o'clock .
    See you all soon Boing..
    Atb
    Les..
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    It’s cracking Tone. Words can’t describe what a truly cracking event this is, not to mention the absolute quality people that attend it. Great times, even greater friends

Sorry for bumping this back up boys, but with The Bash having already started for many and, perhaps, if people haven't been flicking back and missed this, I thought it quite fitting to bring it back to the fore so we can celebrate the success of our wonderful little meets all, of course, courtesy of the marvellous Mr and Mrs Furness.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I’ve taken my Welsh Dragon flag down (for now, or until the naughty Mod decides otherwise)

Second viewing of the Welsh Cottage yesterday which revealed some fairly ‘major issues’ that would be very expensive to rectify. I’ve now withdrawn my offer and backed out. I’m actually not that disappointed and no money was spent. There’s plenty more out there and I’m sure I’ll find ‘the one’ for me at some stage.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I’ve taken my Welsh Dragon flag down (for now, or until the naughty Mod decides otherwise)

Second viewing of the Welsh Cottage yesterday which revealed some fairly ‘major issues’ that would be very expensive to rectify. I’ve now withdrawn my offer and backed out. I’m actually not that disappointed and no money was spent. There’s plenty more out there and I’m sure I’ll find ‘the one’ for me at some stage.
    Very sorry to hear that Paul, it looked to be a very nice place.
    I wish you all the best in your future quest !
    John.
    “An airgun or two”………

Yes, it certainly was a most splendid surprise, Phil.

Must admit I did feel a bit hesitant about pointing my rifle at it so as to get a better look at it through the scope!

Awesome it was, awesome!

How's the back doing, Phil?
    Not so bad, thanks Tone.

Those motogp commentators we were talking about - of course you were right about the long-standing Toby Moody, with Julian Ryder, on Eurosport. I got it wrong, sorry. Don't know what I was thinking...

The 'less than able' commentator I was thinking of (who only had the motogp job for a few races in 2009), was Carlton Kirby. He's the one who does the cycling tours, and the Le Mans cars... Carlton 'keep it sensible' Kirby...

That's a bugger mate but definitely worth waiting for the "right" one to come along. Good luck

Bugger!

Sorry to hear that, Pauly, as going by the pictures and your description it was looking like the perfect, idyllic Airgunner's dream. So cute looking and with the land and the woods etc......Having said that, far better to find out at this early point.

May your future quests be fruitful, matey.