Thread: BSA Airsporter Mk. 2, Open Sights !

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

BSA Airsporter Mk. 2, Open Sights !

Recentley bought an oldish example of the above Classic air rifle off a fellow BBS Member and furnished it with a very nice BSA 4x33 Japanese "period " scope off another BBS Member via Sportsmatch OP12C mounts and I'm enjoying the "open sight" experiance !

Pellets so far tried over a 20m distance are;
    Eley Wasp 5.5
    Eley Wasp 5.6
    Vintage Defiant 5.6

So far, the EW 5.6 are edging it but further pellet testing will be on the cards soon !

What I would say is the although I own some nice accurate springers, I'm really enjoying the shooting of this old Warhorse of a great British spring air rifle.
    OK, it won't "blow a gnats danglies off" at 50m but what it does do is put a bloody big grin on yer face when you do hit the bull at 20 m !
    “An airgun or two”………

Yes! I love my mk2.. in fact, it's my favourite gun!
    Donald

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    I like the 'fixed' open sights on the Mk1 and the 'folding' open sights on the mk2, both are good - would I fit the folding ones on a Mk1? now there's a question that would upset the purists!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.