Thread: Rat/pigeon shooting

Rat/pigeon shooting

Your advice please,
    When controlling rats/pigeons in a barn/outbuildings what is the best calibre to use (177/22)
    Also to prevent over penetration what would you recommend as a power setting
    Last but not least pellet recommendations (thinking of wadd cutters)

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    What that man said! .25 is an excellent calibre for farm yards/buildings, particularly on rats and pigeons. I've used a .25 for years and wouldn't use anything else to be honest.

Cheers
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by jitsupjc View Post
    Your advice please,
    When controlling rats/pigeons in a barn/outbuildings what is the best calibre to use (177/22)
    Also to prevent over penetration what would you recommend as a power setting
    Last but not least pellet recommendations (thinking of wadd cutters)
    .22 if that's all you've got,
    power & pellet, depend on range & what's accurate in your rifle because you need to hit it to kill it.

Agreed with the above... .22 if you want something a bit more versatile than a .25. I've tried .177 and .22 and out to 25yrds .22 is king of the two (not tried .25 but I'm sure at barn distance .25 has to be better). I'm going to try a .20 barrel on my huntsman now to see if it works ok in barns so I can have 1 pcp for farm & field use. If it doesn't I'll just buy a .25 barrel for it, or get another huntsman in .22.... & Buy a .25 barrel as well!! Lol
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

i have had loads of airguns over the years but have to say my favourite is the .25 cal bsa ultra that i have, its great, plenty shots per charge, accurate as anything and makes a thump when it hits home.
    I wanna be the airgunbbs Model

As said upto 25 yards sub 12FT/LB .25