Thread: HPA Cylinder: Push Button Bleed Valve - Anyone use One?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

HPA Cylinder: Push Button Bleed Valve - Anyone use One?

BEST Fittings do a Push Button Bleed Valve Upgrade for MDE Valves and Charging Kits (it replaces the bleed screw). Anyone on here have one fitted to a bulk HPA cylinder - any benefits?

Recently bought the 500cc Day Tripper bottle from Best Fittings, which is ideal for my uses, it has a push button bleed valve. The benefit seems to be very rapid dumping of air and presumably fast closure of valve on the airgun. The rapid release of air gives quite a loud pop (unlike the relatively slow release of a bleed screw).

The standard bleed screw on a bulk HPA cylinder can be used to 'soften' (fractional bleed) the inrush to an Airgun cylinder, fitting a push button bleed takes away that optional fine control.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Yes, I have one and it's good, you get your fill valve shutting rapidly against the screw type which can make the difference between leaking and not leaking.
    snarepeg.

Thanks for the response. Did you fit it (was is straightforward), have it fitted or did it come fitted?

I might get one and fit it or have it fitted at the next test/fill which is due soon.

It came fitted, john
    snarepeg.

Mine isn't fitted on the bottle, it's on the fitting from bottle to gun near the pressure indicator.
    snarepeg.

Thanks for the clarification, was not aware that in line ones are also available.