Thread: HPA Cylinder: Push Button Bleed Valve - Anyone use One?

HPA Cylinder: Push Button Bleed Valve - Anyone use One?

BEST Fittings do a Push Button Bleed Valve Upgrade for MDE Valves and Charging Kits (it replaces the bleed screw). Anyone on here have one fitted to a bulk HPA cylinder - any benefits?

Recently bought the 500cc Day Tripper bottle from Best Fittings, which is ideal for my uses, it has a push button bleed valve. The benefit seems to be very rapid dumping of air and presumably fast closure of valve on the airgun. The rapid release of air gives quite a loud pop (unlike the relatively slow release of a bleed screw).

The standard bleed screw on a bulk HPA cylinder can be used to 'soften' (fractional bleed) the inrush to an Airgun cylinder, fitting a push button bleed takes away that optional fine control.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Yes, I have one and it's good, you get your fill valve shutting rapidly against the screw type which can make the difference between leaking and not leaking.
    snarepeg.

Thanks for the response. Did you fit it (was is straightforward), have it fitted or did it come fitted?

I might get one and fit it or have it fitted at the next test/fill which is due soon.

It came fitted, john
    snarepeg.

Mine isn't fitted on the bottle, it's on the fitting from bottle to gun near the pressure indicator.
    snarepeg.

Thanks for the clarification, was not aware that in line ones are also available.

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    This type from BF are really easy to fit, just get the right thread for replacing the bleed valve thumbwheel.

Brilliant upgrade to a bottle. Fitted them to the club bottles - no more issues with leaky thumbwheel bleed screws from overtightening. They are used for over a year at the club very regularly and have been 100% reliable to date.

Jerry

Aye, that's the one; thanks for the feedback.

I have them fitted to two of my tanks i like the way they close the valve in the gun very quick, they can be a bit hard to press the button. Easy to fit
    .22 Venom Mach 1 (FAC) 6-25x56 Millett.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Thumbhole 6.5-20x40 Leupold EFR.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Sporter 4-12x40 Leupold.
    .177 Venom Vantage 4-16x50.
    .177 Venom Daystate 8-32x56 AGS.
    .22 Venom Datstate 4-16x56 AGS.
    .22 Webley Venom FX2000 6-18x40 Busnel Legend.
    .177 Titan MPT by Steve Pope 6-24x40 Tasco.
    .177 Pro-Sport 4-16x50.
    .22 Webley FX2000 3-9x33 Leupold EFR.
    .177 Logan Solo 4-16x50.
    .22 HW90 (spring powered) 4-16x50
    .22 Gamo Stutzen.
    .177 Walther lever action.

Quote Originally Posted by venoman View Post
    I have them fitted to two of my tanks i like the way they close the valve in the gun very quick, they can be a bit hard to press the button. Easy to fit
    Thanks for that. Yes, the push button bleed on the BF Daytripper bottle is also a bit hard to press, I use thumb on thumb to do it.

The only disadvantage I can see is:

1) Inability to use the analogue bleed screw to intentionally leak a little (useful if the valve on the bulk HPA tank opens too readily).
    2) If a (dust) plug is left in the outlet. Leaving an analogue bleed screw open avoids the potential risk of a pressurised outlet/plug.

The answer to 1) is a valve that has relatively fine adjustment, and 2) Do not leave a plug tightened up such that pressure can ever build up.

Anyway, I'm going to buy one a give it a try.

Just an update to this thread. I fitted the push button bleed from Best Fittings to my 7L tank, it works a treat. Just make sure digits are kept clear of the exhaust port on the rear.

Although not essential, I tend to operate/test momentarily (the normally closed valve) before opening the main valve on the HPA tank (to ensure the bleed is always free to move/open).

I noticed that the button itself screws off (for assembly/disassembly) which suggests it would be possible to replace any internal seal (if appropriate) in the long term.

The 'pop' is a lot less when directly filling a cylinder, whereas the pushbutton bleed on my Day Tripper bottle has quite a pop when bleeding a microbore hose and adapters.

The "pop" can make other people jump, if they are not aware you are doing a fill, so at the club we usually give a warning especially if a member has his back turned.

Another feature we have added is the over-size gauge; they are 63mm rather than 50mm and much easier to read.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Fitted two and took them both back off, really didn't like the noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The "pop" can make other people jump, if they are not aware you are doing a fill, so at the club we usually give a warning especially if a member has his back turned.

Another feature we have added is the over-size gauge; they are 63mm rather than 50mm and much easier to read.
    Jeeze, thanks for the tip, might get me one of those gauges; the one on my 7L is only 40mm across (outside the case)! The scale goes up in 20 bar steps up to 400 bar, the larger gauges go up in 10 bar steps to 315 bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray1Mark View Post
    Fitted two and took them both back off, really didn't like the noise.
    I can appreciate that.

The one on my 7L is no problem when filling a cylinder direct (no hose). The one on the Day Tripper (0.5L) fills a cylinder via a hose, the bleed gives a loud pop. What arrangement did you use?