Thread: BSA Scorpion Pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It's always possible the 'PA' barrel has been changed at some point and fitted to a later Mk.11 body, as the serial number is stamped on the barrel linkage point.

True possible swap but i bought it new so assume the factory did it.

But no number on the other one?????

I've just checked the parts lists & instructions and it would appear the 'PA' prefix was common to all models, both Mk.1 & 2.
    I can give no reason for the lack of serial number on the other Scorpion.

Question BSA Scorpion pistol

Well you think you have a problem, i have a Scorpion pistol with no stamps at all non on the cylinder or on the barrel, Have been told it could have been given to one of the staff as a leaving present,but no one sure.They got up to a lot of funny goings on in them days,one of the common things was to just mix any parts together mk1 and mk2 bits "etc".Some have texturing on the grip were your thumb sits,others not so.:

I have stripped the pistol and degreased it and found a number on it but not on the side
    it is underneath

Never seen that before

It is a shame to see old guns misused and neglected.

This one has the usual suspects breech seal and buffer washer hard and crumbling.
    The spring is a chrome one and had broken and was too small.

Back sight missing - I have a lower part but missing the top bit.

Got all the new bits needed and it will live again this weekend but the bluing on the barrel
    is very poor.

It had a bit if rust but as I rub it the colour rubbed off too

Not sure what finish to do with it yet.

I love these guns already have one I bought new in 84 I serviced that and wow it could stop a bull -well a very small one anyway.

Also have a cougar which is fun to use if I strengthen my index finger for the trigger

If you don't want to go to the expense of having the pistol professionally refinished, remove as much of the rust etc. as you can, then degrease the surface, and apply a coat of Black Acrylic spray paint which will give a good hard wearing finish. The use of the cocking aid will always cause some wear to the fore end, but this can easily be touched up as necessary.
    You could use either semi matt or gloss according to your preference, but I have found the satin finish, available from Halfords and probably elsewhere, to be a pleasing finish.
    Metal polish is good for removing marks and scratches from the plastic.
    I have a few Scorpions both boxed and unboxed, but I don't have a Cougar.