Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who produces the best scopes now

Who produces the best scopes now

So looking at a lot of the manufacturing of scopes the majority are now seem to made in China, is the general consensus that China are oftern poorer qaulity compared to those made in Japan or Philippines? Following on which companies still have scopes produced elsewhere other than China ?
    Im on the lookout for a new scope but im put off by the made in China tag.
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

You'll need deep pockets but there are loads of other options from the likes of Swarovski (Austria) , Zeiss (Germany) , Meopta, (Czech) to name but a few.

Leupold still make good scopes. Bushnell too. And look out for the new players like Vortex. Nightforce still excellent.
    If its going to be Chinese then have it branded by say Bushnell as they will keep check of the quality control. Hawk keep getting better but be a bit selective.

The market is swamped. Price is no guarantee of longevity and build. It really isn't that easy. Probably only 25% of the ticket price goes into the build so think with all those bells and whistles how much is in the glass???? With all the competition and yearly model changes just look out for the ones that stand out and get good reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    So looking at a lot of the manufacturing of scopes the majority are now seem to made in China, is the general consensus that China are oftern poorer qaulity compared to those made in Japan or Philippines? Following on which companies still have scopes produced elsewhere other than China ?
    Im on the lookout for a new scope but im put off by the made in China tag.
    The chinese product will be made to what the european or wherever manufacturer dictates. However...chuna will replicate the production machinery and steal intellectual property as well.as innovate themselves.

They will become a significant supplier...even more than now and we are giving them the machinery and tech knowledge to rape us in later years
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Scopes

A lot of respected Nikon lenses are now made in China.
    China can produce exactly what the buyer requests good or bad.
    I did read somewhere that some Leupold scopes were manufactured in China and assembled in the USA .
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

If I was going to buy a scope as a keeper Leupold's combination of price, performance and lifetime guarantee take some beating. The warranty even applies to second hand owners.

The Japanese Light Optical Works makes lots of excellent scopes for loads of different brands.
    Best Regards

Simon

I've got some slug guns.

I think Zeiss make the best scopes.

Leupold every time for fullbore. Bit limited in the air rifle 'range' and I think the EFRs are a generation behind (my opinion) as still front focus not side focus.

The new VX3i LPR look great. Based on the MK4 chassis but 30% less.

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    I think Zeiss make the best scopes.
    Zeiss does make great scopes. Their Conquest range are excellent too. Its what I use. But Swaro do the best glass for hunting, period.
    Target practical, then Night Force and Vortex are hard to beat.
    The best kit is hugely expensive. Some fantastically built if a bit "stupid" heavy; but they do "it".

Mid range its a bun fight. Hard to know.

This fella usually tells it like it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5yeyz3385Y

If your using it on a no fac air rifle then try a few recommend ones inc FFP and see what you like the most and what suits your needs and budget.

Don't be put off by the 'made in China'

If its going on an air rifle i wouldnt be going overboard on one at all ,it really depends on what its going on imo

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    I just bought myself a secondhand Weaver Kaspa which is made in China but the lenses are pretty good (on a par with Bushnell Trophy lenses) but it doesn't have a very wide field of view, whether or not I'll keep it is another matter, it may just sit in the reserve section waiting for a rifle to come along to be put on.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Get a nice Beeman Sport Aperture sight, made by Williams in the good old USA.

Scopes are over-rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Portzy View Post
    This fella usually tells it like it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5yeyz3385Y
    Quite a few of the middle (and lower) range scopes you see today are white labeled scopes from China. If you see a scope you like, go onto AliExpress and search for a scope with similar specs. You will find it there, branded somewhat differently (and cheaper). Falcon Optics (British Company) for instance. Made in China.