Thread: Most popular HFT scope at the moment?

Most popular HFT scope at the moment?

Hello everyone,

been away from the sport port for quite a while now, I need advice on the most popular HFT Scope at the moment please, I’m looking to purchase and hopefully be back up and running again, thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by FRENCHI View Post
    Hello everyone,

been away from the sport port for quite a while now, I need advice on the most popular HFT Scope at the moment please, I’m looking to purchase and hopefully be back up and running again, thanks in advance
    Eyup Mick, hope you're well mate.

I'm using the Sightron 10x42 but the newer Optisan and hawke models have come on a long way since you last knocked over a HFT target

If you've got some free time on a sat then come over to the club (directions below) and we'll have a mixed bag of HFT scopes for you to have look through.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Eyup Mick, hope you're well mate.

I'm using the Sightron 10x42 but the newer Optisan and hawke models have come on a long way since you last knocked over a HFT target

If you've got some free time on a sat then come over to the club (directions below) and we'll have a mixed bag of HFT scopes for you to have look through.
    Ey up Chris.. it’s been a few years , I’m doing ok buddy thank you and hopefully you too, if I get chance I’ll nip down for sure and take a look at a few .. I’ve a gun to get too lol, I have the Hw44 to plink etc .. I’m looking at something totally different to my style, a KalibrGun Cricket BullPup , have you used one ?

4x12x40 sf hawke vantage Is very popular at my club that's why i got one .
    It's a very clear scope with a good fine half mill dot scope .
    Quite a few sold off there mtc scopes to get that one .
    Scorpion. 177 hornet. 177 txhc. 177 s200. 177 97. 177 99.177 95. 22 80. 22 vulcan. 22 excorcet. 22
    Trying hard to keep it down to 10 rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by FRENCHI View Post
    Ey up Chris.. it’s been a few years , I’m doing ok buddy thank you and hopefully you too, if I get chance I’ll nip down for sure and take a look at a few .. I’ve a gun to get too lol, I have the Hw44 to plink etc .. I’m looking at something totally different to my style, a KalibrGun Cricket BullPup , have you used one ?

I'm good mate...shooting well at the moment.

Yes mate, we have a club member who likes the bullpups. I think you have to be a bit careful as some of the barrels weren't finished at the crown properly....he returned his first one after we (eventually) worked out why it hated every batch of pellet we tried. The replacement was cock on though.

I'm there most Fridays and Saturdays (depending on what the Wife is working)
    Last edited by ChrisC; 16-04-2018 at 02:00 PM.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    I'm good mate...shooting well at the moment.

Yes mate, we have a club member who likes the bullpups. I think you have to be a bit careful as some of the barrels weren't finished at the crown properly....he returned his first one after we (eventually) worked out why it hated every batch of pellet we tried. The replacement was cock on though.

I'm there most Fridays and Saturdays (depending on what the Wife is working)
    Good to hear Chris , I’ll try to get down at my first available moment!

Ch

MTC Optisan EX 10x44 sf is perfect for HFT. (New version of the Viper)

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    MTC Optisan EX 10x44 sf is perfect for HFT. (New version of the Viper)
    Thank you for the information 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by dayglowfroggy View Post
    4x12x40 sf hawke vantage Is very popular at my club that's why i got one .
    It's a very clear scope with a good fine half mill dot scope .
    Quite a few sold off there mtc scopes to get that one .
    Thank you for the info, I was looking through some yesterday and very clear to say the least

At the more entry level end, Hawke Vantage Max 4-12x40, or the new Vantage SF range. Maybe Panorama too.
    Then MTC Connect in either 34 or 24mm objective have quite a following, or the Mamba Lite 3-12x42
    Then the fixed mag Optisan 10x44 (or it's predecessor the Viper 10x44). More so than the fixed Sidewinder 10x42 which I've just started using (possibly due to the Optisan's reticle).

Above maybe £500 its hard to tell what's popular. Not many shooters go this high, and there are lots of options still so I've tended to see one or two of the posh ones but not great numbers. Maybe March scopes will be the popular 'high end' choice with their 1-10x24

Given the max distance shooting distance in HFT is 45 yards a .177 caliber air rifle @ 11.4 ft.lbs using a Diablolo design pellet and zeroed @ 27 yards will cover the entire target ranges within 1.5 mildot of the reticule of a scope set @ 9X. The reticule in HFT is not that important so long as you have 1/2 mildot subtensions. The quality of the glass and lack of parallax are paramount though. Cheap scopes suck at this and only a few expensive ones actually overcome the parallax problem.
    My advice is to get a as clear a scope that you can afford, preferably with 32~40mm objective, with a 1/2 mildot reticule and don't look back. Practice and knowing your equipment makes all the difference.

A.G

Don’t overlook SWFA and Aztec.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Don’t overlook SWFA and Aztec.
    SWFA is well over priced for the quality of glass on offer. No idea what AZTEC is.

A.G