Thread: Home tune on LGU?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Can anyone explain why a LGU is equal to a TX when a TX is better looking has a better trigger a better underlever set up and wins competitions just to mention a few things.
    What bit of a LGU is equal to a TX? Is it that they are cheaper
    a stroke similar to the MK 2 TX so are less hold sensitive , ie easier to shoot accurately in standard trim.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    a stroke similar to the MK 2 TX so are less hold sensitive , ie easier to shoot accurately in standard trim.
    But mk3s still beat the LGU in competitions but even if you are right that's 1point to the LGU and 100 points to the TX

But mk3s still beat the LGU in competitions but even if you are right that's 1point to the LGU and 100 points to the TX
    Shoot both side by side and you will see that i am right ,
    Personally i prefer the TX, though an lgu won the british springer championships this year Field Target class

Shoot both side by side and you will see that i am right ,
    Personally i prefer the TX, though an lgu won the british springer championships this year Field Target class
    Interesting I didn't know that
    Any links you can post?

Hi,

My gun is .177 and I have opened the TP to 3.2mm
    I may well buy a TX200 MkIII just so I can compare over an afternoon side by side.
    I'll then sell the worst gun.

I don't know anybody with air guns around here and as yet, I'm not in a club. I've been shooting for 30 years, but my last air rifle club was 3 years ago, I was all HFT PCP, that club closed 2 years ago.

For the cost of the loss on one gun, would be the loss of money wasted tuning up this one.

I can feel myself moving back to my original direction of an HW77 25mm piston and a full tune problem. This is why I just bought the LGU and got on with it, it was getting to problematic and too many options. The gun is grouping well, but the recoil is more than I'd like. When people say sight picture, there is NO WAY I'd be able to see the impact (let alone flight) of the pellet. It's a case of aim, shoot, recompose, see how you did.

I live in Cwmbran South Wales. I'd be more than happy to travel (up to 2 hours each way) to somebody that would be happy to see if my gun is 'normal' or could be better. If anybody can help me, I'm very much up for that. I'm happy to go to your club so as not to expose your home address to a tool stranger!

Thanks.
    Rob.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    A lot of people end up chasing their tails for a shot cycle that 'feels' right, and ultimately sacrifice the thing that matters most i.e accuracy.
    Just because something feels nice to shoot, it doesn't necessarily follow that it will hit what its aimed at.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    A lot of people end up chasing their tails for a shot cycle that 'feels' right, and ultimately sacrifice the thing that matters most i.e accuracy.
    Just because something feels nice to shoot, it doesn't necessarily follow that it will hit what its aimed at.
    This.

I had a V-Glided HW97K which had quite a bit of recoil compared to my TX200 with the full works (shortened transfer port, lightened piston, etc).
    But the HW97K grouped fantastic, still my best groups to date with a spring rifle.

Wish I never sold it.

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Very true , you ideally want both, but being able to see the shot impact is a huge benefit when shooting competitions outdoors as you can see what the conditions are doing to the flight of the pellet.

Interesting I didn't know that
    Any links you can post?
    https://www.britishrecoilingchampion...c-2018-winner/

You will have to take my word for it that it was an lgu, I was there awesome shooting from John only missing two, I only managed 28 this time around .

https://www.britishrecoilingchampion...c-2018-winner/

You will have to take my word for it that it was an lgu, I was there awesome shooting from John only missing two, I only managed 28 this time around .
    Yes Nick of course I take your word

Are you talking about this gun?

That is deafo an LGU, I can see the pellet on the bear trap and safety switch.

I'm very happy with my LGU in all areas, but I'd like less kick.
    I'm sure that LGU in the pick is awesome, are the guts 100% standard? does it recoil as much as mine?