Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
I'm shooting targets and tight 10 shot holes is everything to me. I'm going to start washing and lubing my pellets, so that's how far I'm going to go. I shoot competition 22 rimfire with open sights, so every point counts for me. The recoil matters greatly to me and the resulting grouping!

The LGU is a nice gun, I've fixed the trigger with a mod I did and opened the TP to 3.2mm to preserve the spring, but I keep reading the TX is a better gun that groups well. So I need to try one for myself. I was talking to a shop in the Leeds-Sheffield area that is well stocked and hand a shooting range to test the guns before you buy. I ended up just buying the LGU last week as it was getting messy trying to chose over forums and the net!

It looks like I'll need to got to that shop and shoot a TX (8 hour drive there and back!) The local shop I bought the LGU from last week were of very little help. I think they simply want you to buy all three, test them and sell off the other two second hand.

Note,

The shop was Redbeck, I remember now! I will ring them and sort out a plan.
It sounds like you're well committed to getting the very best out of whichever springer you finally decide to live with long term.

Regarding the shop, surely there must be somewhere closer where you could get to try the TX?

I think Sandwell Field Sports would have such a facility? Anywhere closer? Or how about visiting a club? Again, I don't know your area, but two which would spring to mind would be The Greyhound at Coventry or, and most definitely worth a visit, the Nomads Club near Worcester. Many experienced springer shooters there from the tough anvil of HFT, and those boys know all about hold sensiyivity etc. And, as an added bonus, you'll most likely get to meet and speak with Jim Tyler.