Thread: Home tune on LGU?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I agree with everything you said Taz72

Thanks.

Hi there just wondering if you have seen the tube vid's done by shooting at dawn https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV6RAO1i1A0&t=1s
    or read the articles written by Hector https://www.ctcustomairguns.com/hect...he-walther-lgu he has done a fair bit of work on the LGU. Just a quick question you say that you opened the port on it but did you check the power after just wondering because my .22 as you say shot up quite a bit and needed 1 1/2 coils off to get it right the rifle now shoots great, I have not got a TX to compare it with but its a lot nicer than my Walther Century 0.22. I think you don't see kits out there as they are great already just a bit heavy, why spend all that on a rifle then have to spend out again to fix it to how it should be. All the best Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    I agree with everything you said Taz72

Thanks.
    Just a note.
    Pellet weight and size can make a massive difference to felt recoil. Too loose and light may make it slam, to heavy and tight may make piston bounce.

If you're using mid weight pellets, I'd suggest trying some 7.9g express and vice versa if you currently use lightweights.

I'd avoid tinkering until you've explored this.

If you feel you must experiment, I'd start off with taking a little bit off the spring length and see whether it maintains current power. Keep cutting until you see power start to fall. Any lost power can easily be regained with a spacer.

I'd be surpised if the LGU/V were unlike any other new guns which all seem to be oversprung.
    B.A.S.C. member