Thread: Sheridan Blue Streak manufacture dates from serial number

Sheridan Blue Streak manufacture dates from serial number

Sometime ago there was some information posted on the manufacture dates of the Sheridan 0.20 Blue Streak... That I cannot find!
    I am looking for info on manufacture date as the serial number on my Sheridan is 490939.
    If anyone can help or provide a link to the source data I will be very appreciative.

Regards
    HM

From Sheridan Classic American Air Rifles by U J Backus your Blue Streak was manufactured in 1987.

For anyone with a similar query finding this thread via a search:

a) the Crosman website lists pre-1985 serial number ranges for Sheridans and Benjamins;

b) there's a good Wikpiedia article listing serial numbers and design changes on Sheridans up to 1985;

c) there is a thread on the American "gatewaytoairguns" forum on Sheridan and Benjamin serial numbers post 1985.

d) added vaguely useful trivia: these were drilled and tapped at the factory for the Williams 5D-SH peep sight from serial number 418421 in January 1984.
    Last edited by Geezer; 17-04-2018 at 05:31 PM. Reason: added vaguely useful trivia

Sheridan Blue Streak info

Thanks very much for the production date info. it does not look 30 years old!
    It does have the Williams peep site fitted to the rifle so fitted at manufacture.
    Best regards
    HM