• £121-160/yr, plus Range Fee

1 1.52%
  • >£160/yr, plus Range Fee

5 7.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Club Membership Fees

Club Membership Fees

I'm interested in how much we spend to "get through the door" for shooting. Naturally prices vary, depending on whether clubs charge a range fee per visit, and the facilities available (or whether they have no range and use a county or another club's facility). As a result, the poll will be a bit of a fudge, but do your best and add context in the comments. You can also pick more than one option if you are a member of multiple clubs.

Also, what would you consider "maximum"? Obviously that's a bit subjective and based on quality/availability of facility (some places are superb yet open once a week, others are more modest but you can get a key and go buddy-buddy shooting whenever you like), but it'd be interesting to compare ideas of what people consider a fair price for somewhere to shoot.

My Club Membership is £150/yr with no range fees (indoor .22 25yd, 10m air, outdoor 50/100yd), and I am an Annual Member of the NSRA (£84), so my annual subscriptions come to £284.
    I usually shoot at least one NSRA Open Meeting (Airgun/50m/Bisley Week), so being a member chops £20 off the entry fee, so arguably you could say I spend £264 since I'm doing that meeting anyway, not because I'm getting a discount.

For context, other local clubs look like:

Archery: £169 (£120 Club, plus £49 Capitation collected for ArcheryGB)

Council Gym: £350.80

Gliding Club: £384 (£334 Club plus £50 capitation for BGA) plus £8/launch and minutes (for club gliders)

Golf: £500-1000/yr plus £20-65 Green Fees (Staffs/Shropshire, not Surrey!)
    Last edited by Hemmers; 16-04-2018 at 03:20 PM.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

Rivington Riflemen. £70/yr for adults (reduced next year for re-joining.) O.A.P.s £45. Juniors (-17) free.
    Free tea & coffee. Free air for pcps. Free paper targets .... and a pot bellied stove.
    Last edited by I. J.; 17-04-2018 at 07:46 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Isle Target Sports Club, 25 and 50 yd outdoor firearms range, 40m(?) airgun range, clay ground, practical CO2 and archery areas. (Planning permission granted for a 100m range)

£135 a year, for Firearms, and if you're an RCO you can have a set of keys and shoot when you like, as long as theres at least 2 of you....£85 for OAPs or Disabled.
    £85 for Airgun and Archery only, £55 for OAP and Disabled

My 2 outdoor ft ranges are £35 (Range fee £3, optional to upgrade to no range fee, think £50) and £50 no range fee.
    My indoor 25yd range is £65 plus £2.50 (I think) Range fee.

Nsra membership which I use to cover my coaching (and will now look into for kit insurance) is £85

I could drop the Nsra and it would therefore drop my cost per visit down.

Max is subjective as a full ft course with 50m indoor range open 24/7 with support amenities on my door set would be worth the other 3 clubs combined at least. But how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Aldersley

I belong to Aldersley NSRA range in Wolverhampton.
    It's £20 a year and £5 a visit.

You need to belong to the NSRA which I believe is £85 a year.

Facilities are pretty good. Approx 30 X 10m points. Around 8 X 6 yard points.
    All indoor. Together with a 25m Rifle range.

There is also an outdoor range. But that is seldom used.

There's a shop. Compressor. Boiler for tea/coffee. Plus toilets.

Also a pretty good heater for the colder times.

Enjoy shooting there. So lucky to be close to where I work, so a short detour on the way home a few nights a week.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Rivington Riflemen. £70/yr for adults (reduced next year for re-joining.) O.A.P.s £45. Juniors (-17) free.
    Free tea & coffee. Free air for pcps. Free paper targets .... and a pot bellied stove.
    You didn't mention 5 x 10 metre firing points with target changers and a 7 firing point standing, kneeling or seated 40 metre plinking range or the coaching available.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

We pay £23 per month on a standing order, and no evening / Sunday attendance fee.

For our money we have these facilities:

2 x 10m ranges , 10 firing points.

1 x 25m indoor .22 / fullbore range, 4 firing points.

1 x 50m outdoor .22 range, 6 firing points. (also use for informal airgun shooting).

Heated clubroom with hot and cold refreshment facilities.

Modern toilet area with disabled facilities.

A gunroom for maintenance and storing guns between details.

Free targets.

The Club is open 3 nights a week, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 19.30 - 21.30 hrs, and Sunday morning 09.30 - 12.30hrs.
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Flexsys, Wrexham.

£40 per year, £1 range fee. Free targets and tea and coffee. Indoor 25m, 6 firing points.

Three Stags Shooting Society, Free membership but £20 range fee per session as we use a private range so book it for our exclusive use. Outdoor range, 100m plus 5 x 15m bays for practical shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    You didn't mention 5 x 10 metre firing points with target changers and a 7 firing point standing, kneeling or seated 40 metre plinking range or the coaching available.
    I left that up to one of my minions.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

E230 (euros). No range fee. You pay yr own cards and ammo.
    Its a FA club though, not air.
    10/12m and 25m range
    Not all FA calibers allowed. Max 9mm/.45ACP and .30M1 for rifle
    ATB,
    yana

Crewe Rifle and Pistol Club

£130 per annum for adults
    £60 per annum for juniors
    A family membership is also available which gives discount off the juniors fees

No range fees

Club is open 7.00 - 10.00pm Monday to Friday, 2.00 to 5.00pm on Tuesdays and Sundays, 10.00 - 2.00pm on Saturdays

Clubs consists of: 4 x 10m air only points, 2 x 6 yard air only points in one rage and 5 x 25 yard points in another range.

Nice warm clubhouse with kitchenette including fully stocked refreshment fridge. Screens to see all targets in both ranges - banter is rife!!

We must be pretty cheap then.

Annual subs £30. Outdoor range (5 acres, permanent FT and HFT, speed shoot, plinking) £1 a visit. Indoor range 20 yards bench rest and LSR £3 a visit. Free air, free tea and coffee but please bring some milk, and take your turn to get the diving bottles topped up.

I pay for full NSRA membership partly to back up my club instructor qualification with PI insurance.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Been using a scout hut for 30 odd years one night of 3 hrs per week. £35 annual subs and £1.50 range fee for the 3hrs. However rent may double soon which will mean £50 subs and £3 range fee as that is the major revenue stream.

Ikley R&PC, Membership adult £100 per yr.student £25,junior £20.
    Range fee £2 per visit
    buy your targets and pay comp entry fees.
    Four lanes indoor, all lanes can be used for 10mtr(auto changers),20yds LSWR and Sport Air Rifle,25yds prone and 25yds Bench rest,
    Tuesday and Friday evenings prone rifle, other nights mixture of.
    Small kitchen(tea coffee chocky bicks 30p) flush loo and a car park.
    Qpen 24/7
    Don (match secretary)

Tayside AGC £80 yr membership, £60 seniors/student, family membership available
    Indoor 37yd range open 24/7, air station 20p a fill
    Outdoor 2x 30 target HFT range, plinking range, club hut with heating and cooking facilities. Open during daylight hours 7 days a week
    Air 20p a fill, pellets/ co2 at cost price
    Club guns to use, free paper targets.

Bill
    Last edited by Bigbill; 02-06-2018 at 12:43 PM. Reason: More info
    AA S200T 10m , HW100T, Cometa 220, Diana 27, Original Mod 6, Gamo compact+center, Rohm twinmaster Top, S&W 586/4+6+8, Berretta 92 airsoft, Blinged crossman 2240, CP88 4", CO2 Uzi 6mm, Air arms Alfa proj .177, Drulov DU10 .177, HW 99s, Hammarelli AP20pro