Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
Hi Pete

Both of these had the stocks replaced by a mate of mine, I bought them from him!

They were beech, He bought two more beech stocks, I think from Knibbs, He decided that he didn't like the replacements so he bought these two stocks, I think he also had to buy the trigger guards as they were different!
These are walnut but again, He didn't like them as they were too light in colour so he bought some stained oil and applied it, He then decided he didn't like the guns and went and bought four HW100's then bought fancy CS (Of Sheffield) stocks for them!!

THESE were the stocks, Not sure which were originally on the guns though, I sold them on here six years ago!!

Just looked at that old post and only one trigger guard must have been required by the look of it!!

EDIT- They are both newer guns and most likely made in Spain although it says Great Britain on the barrels!!

I think the top one is still referred to as a mk1 due to the action not being the XL configuration (Most likely i'm wrong though!!)

EDIT #2- Just looked on the BSA site, Apparently the top one is simply known as the BSA Lightning now!!

John
Mark one Lightnings (Brum made) look like THIS, the triggers also look like the ones fitted to early Meteors and are solid metal not like the pressed bent steel ones fitted to the later ones, the trigger guards are different and are the bent metal 'rolling wave' style.

Pete