Thread: Breaking News

Breaking News

Just had a phone call from the Genius that makes replacement sights.

The Second series Webley Service peep sights are near completion and I have been asked to take a few pictures next time I'm passing, luckily I am famous for my photographic skills

You'll need a smaller fence
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    now to work on the Britannia rearsights
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    now to work on the Britannia rearsights
    Oh please god yes! I would very much love for a seesaw rear sight for mine to be made!

Also on the note of the old Britannia's. Mine keeps blowing smoke out after every shot, found that the barrel is full of crap (Which scares the hell out of me!). The only copper cleaning brush that I have a for a .177 is now covered in crap. Im I buggered or will a very good clean fix this? Also the trigger adjustment on these (At least mine) is crap! Overall its a brilliant rifle but this is the one part that is not very good. It is either just right, impossible to pull the trigger or a whack in the face when the sear wont engage. I had a quick look and all it is, is a bolt with a bent metal spring. Is this just how they are? Because I have managed to get it just right for now but I almost dread using the thing! Just in case it decides to attack me.....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Huttles94 View Post
    Also on the note of the old Britannia's. Mine keeps blowing smoke out after every shot, found that the barrel is full of crap (Which scares the hell out of me!). The only copper cleaning brush that I have a for a .177 is now covered in crap.
    A length of 4mm brass welding rod, peined over at one end then judiciously hammered in from the breech end will remove any crud or rust. The brass will take on the rifling form and do the good work. Repeated runs are sometimes required. This will not effect the rifling or barrel.
    This method works down this way for the best and worst of cases. It cannot remedy already stuffed rifling though

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Huttles94 View Post
    Oh please god yes! I would very much love for a seesaw rear sight for mine to be made!

Also on the note of the old Britannia's. Mine keeps blowing smoke out after every shot, found that the barrel is full of crap (Which scares the hell out of me!). The only copper cleaning brush that I have a for a .177 is now covered in crap. Im I buggered or will a very good clean fix this? Also the trigger adjustment on these (At least mine) is crap! Overall its a brilliant rifle but this is the one part that is not very good. It is either just right, impossible to pull the trigger or a whack in the face when the sear wont engage. I had a quick look and all it is, is a bolt with a bent metal spring. Is this just how they are? Because I have managed to get it just right for now but I almost dread using the thing! Just in case it decides to attack me.....
    Hi Jake, l use a small amount of fine wirewool soaked in oil pushed into the barrel a few times has worked for me.