Thread: Benchrest Rifle Martini Action BSA with Rail & Scope?

Benchrest Rifle Martini Action BSA with Rail & Scope?

Can anyone help me? I'm looking for a BSA Martini action .22lr, preferably with a rail and scope as I am just about to start shooting the bench rest discipline. I currently shoot light sporting rifle in the Surrey leagues and black powder pistol. Though back problems are requiring a change in the type of target shooting I do, so I'm going to give bench rest a try, but need a suitable rifle. I have a space on my licence ready for finding the right item.

Whereabouts are you?

My club (Taunton) has two surplus BSA Internationals. Both have aperture sights for prone, only the factory blocks for a long Unertl-type scope. But a gunsmith could fit a Weaver rail.

One is the heavy 29in barrel, the other is the lighter 26in. I think we had asked for £75 each.

Balintore,

The BSA Martini's can shoot superbly.

On my 1955 BSA 12/15, I had the barrel shortened to 21.5", and cut for a moderator, and a scope rail installed.

With Eley Subsonic ammunition, it could pull ten (10) shot groups at 100 meters around 0.75 - 1.0 inches from a rest, with the mod installed.

I paid great attention to the fit of the fore-end wood : the fore-end was bedded in an industrial silicone, for a totally stress free fit.

With 'better' ammunition, I would expect an International to do very well at the benchrest game

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Balintore View Post
    Can anyone help me? I'm looking for a BSA Martini action .22lr, preferably with a rail and scope as I am just about to start shooting the bench rest discipline. I currently shoot light sporting rifle in the Surrey leagues and black powder pistol. Though back problems are requiring a change in the type of target shooting I do, so I'm going to give bench rest a try, but need a suitable rifle. I have a space on my licence ready for finding the right item.
    This is the set up I use for a bit of bench rest work.
    A BSA International and a Scope I picked up at an auction for £22-00 you never know what is around until you look for it!
    It's a very good scope don't know how old it is, all external adjustments price written on the end of original box looks like £139-00 in pencil, so I don't think it was cheap when it was purchased it was made in Japan.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/fronte...57627186205604

Quote Originally Posted by Fronteria View Post
    This is the set up I use for a bit of bench rest work.
    A BSA International and a Scope I picked up at an auction for £22-00 you never know what is around until you look for it!
    It's a very good scope don't know how old it is, all external adjustments price written on the end of original box looks like £139-00 in pencil, so I don't think it was cheap when it was purchased it was made in Japan.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/fronte...57627186205604
    That was handy I have one of these scopes & thought a bit may be missing & it appears that there is-the front locking bit in front of the front mount ring stop- any chance you could post pics in a bit more detail / close up

Ta
    James

Bsa martini

Just sold a really nice mk4 isu and scope. Used it for benchrest and it worked really well.i am using an anschutz 1813 supermatch with prone stock and this suits me better.

Quote Originally Posted by JB101 View Post
    That was handy I have one of these scopes & thought a bit may be missing & it appears that there is-the front locking bit in front of the front mount ring stop- any chance you could post pics in a bit more detail / close up

Ta
    James
    Hi. Jame I will e-mail you late I can sent you a much bigger file

mount

I made a mount for a BSA Mk II International and used it with a scope. The two mounts are different diameters to accommodate the barrel taper.
    I have since sold the rifle so I would be interested in selling the mount (and maybe the scope) if you are interested.
    I might swap for the original (aperture) sights.
    If you are intersted, I'll send some photos.

Hi just found this topic, I have just bought a purpose made mount for the BSA Martini Mk5 from the Shooting Shed, google should bring up the site, first class piece of kit and at a very good price.. I will send on a pic of my set up, Sightron S111 10-50x60( Hubble hasnt a look in).

Regards

Iain D
    FWB 700 Universal, FWB65, Anschuz 1913, BSA Martini MK5, CZ452