Quote Originally Posted by Telephonepete View Post
not from a collecting point of view but as a pistol to own for shooting. which is the best pistol of all the webley range and not power mad at all but what ft lb can they shoot at.
As a shooting proposition, most people on here I think would plump for the Mk1 Premier, which probably has the nicest trigger, others for the Hurricane with its click-adjustable sights.

In terms of power, the little smoothbore Junior struggles to make 1.5 ft-lbs.

Mk1s and Premiers are more like 2-3.

Seniors, Hurricanes and Tempests according to official Webley velocity figures are around 3.5 ft-lbs, but the last two can be tuned to 4 or a bit more - export Tempests sent to the US for sale by Beeman often ran hotter than standard, having a more powerful spring.

I think the Turkish Tempests were also made with a more powerful spring (but they are generally not as nice as Birmingham ones).

Honestly (and I like Webley pistols and have four of them), if you want a classic spring pistol that shoots decent scores on a 10M target, there are better choices (eg the Diana model 5). If you want oomph, with a fair degree of accuracy, the BSA Scorpion or HW45 do that better.