Thread: Please - Superstar Mainspring

Please - Superstar Mainspring

Please, can any member give me the original mainspring dimensions for a BSA Superstar?
    Length, outside diameter, wire thickness, number of coils....

Please forgive me if I don't acknowledge replies immediately, but, I will do so.

Oh, nearly forgot: Can the the barrel weight on a MK2 be removed? Apart from the grub screw, foresight screw and possibly the latch pin - anything else? As it does not seem to move?

Best regards to all.....

Try this

General airgun, sticky for mainspring data by Phil Russel. David

Can't find that "sticky" now but last time I copied it the only Superstar Mainspring was given as an OX.

The spring in my 0.22 Superstar which I fettled back in 2009 was 30 coils of 3.2mm wire with 20.5mm O/D and 233 mm OAL. I replcaed it with a V-Mach spring of 29 coils of 3.2mm wire and 20.5mm O/D and 232mm OAL. Hope that helps a little. Sold my Superstars quite a while ago - I had 0.177, 0.22 and 0.25 but times and tastes move on!

atvb
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

Here you go!
    http://www.airgunspares.com/store/pr...t-No.-16-0672/
    That fits most older BSA's, I have the dimensions here:
    Overall length 10 1/4" (260mm)
    Number of coils 33
    Outside diameter 0.817" (20.75mm)
    Wire guage 0.127" (3.25mm)

I found the sizes in my notebook, can't remember when I wrote them down but current production sizes are probably the same.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Many thanks to our members that took time to reply with information required. I did previously use the search facility to locate spring data, but, only OX springs listed for the Superstar.

Kind regards.....