Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airgun Show American Style

Airgun Show American Style

A week ago a forum member thought it would be interesting for you to see what an American Airgun Show looks like, well I just got back home. I remember saying that I would fall over if I saw a old BSA or Webley Service. Well I didn’t fall over, nowhere in sight. But if you look close you may see a few British treasures? I ended up with two rifles, one British and one German. That story will be continued given I haven’t even taken a shot with them yet!

https://imgur.com/gallery/KLLrQ

Nice selection of airguns there Steve - what happened to the buyers

What was the price on the nickel Haenel 100 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Nice selection of airguns there Steve - what happened to the buyers

What was the price on the nickel Haenel 100 ?
    Can’t remember the price? I took this picture before the opening got crowded quickly

900 USD for an Abas Major, ouch. Still I guess they must be pretty rare sateside

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    900 USD for an Abas Major, ouch. Still I guess they must be pretty rare sateside
    Yes would love to have that one, it is about mint but the price was beyond me. And yes that is super rare here. At least I can say I have held one!

Swedish Excellent pistol rare over here, only seen one for sale. Wonder what the price was.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Thank you Steve,

Some interesting items there. For me, nothing beats looking around an arms fair as there is always something interesting to see and perhaps buy.

Lovely Original 50 by the way - I would have been tempted with that early model too.

Thanks for sharing,

John

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing the pictures from your recent outing. Nice first series Abas Major which would probably fetch around £600 in the UK, so not that much cheaper. Also noted a boxed Webley Mk2 Target, but it doesn't look nearly as nice as the one you already have.

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 15-04-2018 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Swedish Excellent pistol rare over here, only seen one for sale. Wonder what the price was.

Baz
    The Excellent was $300. They make the sellers strap all there guns shut, would have liked to feel the action on this. But of the three guns at this table the Warrior was the most interesting to me, just so unusual and not in bad shape. But two guns is enough for one show, and the Diana was love at first sight, that was the gun for this show. Also it was at the table of Don who posts here. I have bought three guns from him never been disappointed. I now always try to run by his table first.
    Last edited by 45flint; 15-04-2018 at 11:56 AM.

a good friend was there with a table ,think he quite enjoyed it from his comments and looks like I have an early crosman 150 jigsaw now to go with the 112 and 105 bullseye pistol all need work and resealing though

Steve, thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you ended up with the Diana as it will be well appreciated. It was a great show at the new venue, and it was clear you weren't alone in having a most enjoyable airgun day. There was action in the aisles all day and lots of items changing hands. Total paid attendance was 324 (kids are free so the overall number is higher), fairly typical for Findlay - wonder how this compares to Binners's Kempton fairs?

That near-pristine ABAS was once mine (came from one of the UK folks quite a long time back) - I had to let it go when it was replaced by a virtually new-in-box example. The Mark II Target as mentioned was not a great example but at $150 found a buyer...something for everyone!

Don R.
    Last edited by draitzer; 16-04-2018 at 02:02 PM. Reason: I knew how to spell "Kempton" - really

American Show

I love the sheer variety at these shows. Nothing like it in Australasia.Trev

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post

Baz
    Iirc there was at least one Excellent at the most recent Kempton fair. Can’t tell you what the asking price was I’m afraid as I already have one (from Trev, thanks Trev ) and didn’t handle it

Quote Originally Posted by draitzer View Post
    Steve, thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you ended up with the Diana as it will be well appreciated. It was a great show at the new venue, and it was clear you weren't alone in having a most enjoyable airgun day. There was action in the aisles all day and lots of items changing hands. Total paid attendance was 324 (kids are free so the overall number is higher), fairly typical for Findlay - wonder how this compares to Binners's Kenton fairs?

That near-pristine ABAS was once mine (came from one of the UK folks quite a long time back) - I had to let it go when it was replaced by a virtually new-in-box example. The Mark II Target as mentioned was not a great example but at $150 found a buyer...something for everyone!

Don R.

Looks like a great set up and I would love to attend and I am sure it compares well to ours over here

https://www.gunmart.net/shooting-adv...un-of-the-fair

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Looks like a great set up and I would love to attend and I am sure it compares well to ours over here

https://www.gunmart.net/shooting-adv...un-of-the-fair
    Do your fairs always conbine powder arms and airguns? Over here we have regular guns shows which are huge but usually no airguns.