Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightweight springer for lightly built pensioner

Light weight.

If you can find one? Webley Longbow..British one of course. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by njc110381 View Post
    What are BSA guns like these days? I'm looking at their Supersport SE - novt too modern looking and I prefer the BSA safety. Could be a bit lively for him but down tuning isn't hard if he finds it difficult to cock.

Edit - I see on BSA's website that they come in different power options. Not sure if that's an international thing depending on local laws or if I can order a 10 joule one? That would be spot on if I could.
    These days, they are badge-engineered Gamos and not highly thought of. I have an older Birmingham Supersport that is quite nice. Newer ones, less nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    If you can find one? Webley Longbow..British one of course. Mach 1.5
    No open sights. Otherwise a top choice, of course. I also thought of the Webley Vulcan, Stingray, Xocet, but discounted for poor/average triggers and cocking effort. Maybe the old lower-powered Victor might be an idea? But I'd still prefer an HW or a D27.

made webley excel has opens not too pellet fussy light and although not a great trigger more than useable,relatively cheap secondhand .

For not a lot of money the Remington Express compact. Resetting safety and I've shot the full sized version and you get bang for your buck. I believe from reports the compact does about 9.5fpe. Oh and fibre optic sights.

Got to be the HW30s...

Walther Classus from Sportsman Gun Centre £199 in either calibre, I have seen these for sale in the region of £350 elsewhere.
    I have 2 tendons missing in my right shoulder and have no problem with this rifle.

I refuse to buy a Weihrauch until they engineer out galling issues.

BSA meteor mk7 could be a good choice?

HW30S would be my choice.

The HW95, as mentioned by Vernal, would make a very interesting option if the "galling" scares, er, scared you off the tiddler. The power output will be higher than required, though. However, if you're happy to open it up and fit a piston nose extension to reduce the power output combined with a weaker spring, this could be absolutely awesome. Fitting a weaker spring without shortening the stroke would make for a very lazy firing cycle, hence why I suggest the nose extension; available cheaply from Tinbum.

Open sight requirement would mean sourcing the HW85, as the 95 doesn't have them. Available from Sportsman (maybe elsewhere too?).
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The HW30S, once the action is deburred etc, is superbly accurate, practically recoilless, light, can be cocked with one finger and great fun. Its the right choice.

Well the HW30s is really proving to be a popular suggestion! As for buying from the sportsman, well lets just say I'll pay the £350 elsewhere. I'm done with them. Their prices may be low, but not as low as their service in my experience!
    Big guns, little guns and others in between...

Quote Originally Posted by hsing-ee View Post
    the hw30s, once the action is deburred etc, is superbly accurate, practically recoilless, light, can be cocked with one finger and great fun. Its the right choice.
    ditto!
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

I like my HW95 Luxus.
    If you like period 80's then a Anschuz 335 is pretty retro and sweet rifle.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    I like my HW95 Luxus.
    If you like period 80's then a Anschuz 335 is pretty retro and sweet rifle.
    The senior gentleman is just over 5 foot, a HW95 is going to be too much rifle for a good session....

You have a point.
    No one does a Buccaneer anymore.
    HW30S it is then.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    You have a point.
    No one does a Buccaneer anymore.
    HW30S it is then.
    Didn't think of that, a Buccaneer would be great.