Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lightweight springer for lightly built pensioner

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    made webley excel has opens not too pellet fussy light and although not a great trigger more than useable,relatively cheap secondhand .
    Great with Chambers trigger upgrade, though newer fibre optic open sights much better on modern rifles imo -
    Excel might be best dropped down in power a bit too for ease of cocking
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by njc110381 View Post
    That Cometa looks nice. A bit heavy though perhaps? Not far off of my HW80 I wouldn't have thought?

I'm surprised at the comments about the lack of manufacturing finesse on the HW30. What's that about then?! Weihrauch make some lovely guns. My 100 is nice as is the 80, and the 97 I had before them was outstanding. Could it be a case that no matter what you buy, things just aren't made like they used to be?
    The Cometa is remarkably deceptive, very much lighter than HW's - very much, and a very light fast piston. At UK power a very easy rifle to shoot indeed
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    HW95 it always boils down to an HW95

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    HW95 it always boils down to an HW95

Pete
    Not EVERY time, Pete.

After all, it looks like the little 30S is coming up trumps this time.

And we'll always have the beautiful, classic 35 lurking in the background!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    And we'll always have the beautiful, classic 35 lurking in the background!
    To heavy and to ugly and that's where it should stay........in the background

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    To heavy and to ugly and that's where it should stay........in the background

Pete
    A very measured response compared to the usual, Pete.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I mentioned the Hw30s earlier on this thread and still think it would be a good choice,but if you can track down a Brocock Independent for your Dad it would be a nice light weight springer that looks nice and shoots great,the trigger is not brilliant but usable.Some of the lads at the Last bash where impressed with my one.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I mentioned the Hw30s earlier on this thread and still think it would be a good choice,but if you can track down a Brocock Independent for your Dad it would be a nice light weight springer that looks nice and shoots great,the trigger is not brilliant but usable.Some of the lads at the Last bash where impressed with my one.
    Les..
    Not bad - but, as I understand it, a badge-engineered Gamo-made Meteor Mk7. A Birmingham-made BSA Supersport is probably a bit nicer (I've only shot the Meteor 7 on fairgrounds, but have owned a Brum "sport and it's a perfectly decent little springer, and getting mildly collectable).

Did I say Diana 27?

Les..
    Yes, I was most impressed with the Independent, Les. Proper breech bolt and very nice stock / ergonomics.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Not bad - but, as I understand it, a badge-engineered Gamo-made Meteor Mk7. A Birmingham-made BSA Supersport is probably a bit nicer (I've only shot the Meteor 7 on fairgrounds, but have owned a Brum "sport and it's a perfectly decent little springer, and getting mildly collectable).

Did I say Diana 27?
    Yeah the Brum built supersport was a nice gun,I got one for my kid brother years ago.
    The Independent really surprised me in the way it performs,I have some nice tuned springers that shoot great but the little Brocock doesn't let it self down in the enjoyment stakes..
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yes, I was most impressed with the Independent, Les. Proper breech bolt and very nice stock / ergonomics.
    Hi Tony
    Yeah I thought the Independent would suit most for its handy size and light weight and easy cocking.
    And it's a good looker as well.
    Les..

If you can track down a Brocock Independent for your Dad it would be a nice light weight springer that looks nice and shoots great,the trigger is not brilliant but usable.Some of the lads at the Last bash where impressed with my one.
    Les..
    Strange you should mention that, as I've been contemplating selling mine, I've got new projects to do and 'Project Cock' isn't getting the attention it should anymore.

Pete

HW 99 perhaps.

A.G

I have problems lugging heavy guns about,HW99s nice and light great little gun love mine.

25mm hw50 - cracking little rifle.