Thread: Scope for everything!! But must work with Nitesite viper.

Question Scope for everything!! But must work with Nitesite viper.

Hi all., im looking for a 3(preferably 3.., or 4 but no higher)-9(or up to 14)x40(or up to 44 non ao) parallax adjustable scope(so or sf) that has a fineish reticle and works well with a nitesite viper. I'd like some dots I think or maybe a Plex with turrets so I can do long range plinking.
    Its going on my daystate huntsman classic which I have just ordered a .20 barrel conversion for and I'm hoping it will work as my everything go to PCP for ratting, rabbits, pigeon, farmyard, field, long range plinker, hft, lamping, target shooting, night vision add on.... everything!!.
    I have springers also for fun but when I'm bored of missing this is the gun I'll be picking up! Lol
    So.. Suggestions please, I have some ideas already but I'll save mentiong those till after I've heard what your thoughts are just to keep the melting pot open.

Budget..... Well I have £120 without selling anything but if it turns out the scope I want is more, but the right scope I'm happy to push further.

Thanks all
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Side parallax down to at least 15m is the priority for NV.
    Second is the coatings, though even incompatible coatings can be blitzed by copious amounts of ir to work. Thankfully its Air Rifle work not ultra long range where every bit of clarity has to be squeezed out. Search in Nightvisionforum for scopes that fair well.

You will have to search second hand with that budget and even then thats not much. Maybe a MTC Mamba??
    The best clarity picture and all the toys scope I have is the older Hawk Sidewinder 4-16x50 30mm, well NV compatible.
    There may well be something else that works well, something newer, but most that do aren't great at dusk...and so will require NV help before its fully dark. The cheaper scopes tend to struggle in difficult light conditions and their target turret tracking isn't that robust or repeatable.

Maybe look out for a simpler scope in the FFP as thats how the trend is going. Then you won't need target turrets. Hawk may be bringing some out FFP models out this year. Check MTC too. BDC reticules on SFP scopes aren't that great.

Your question is what many people ask and there isn't an easy answer sadly.
    Last edited by Muskett; 17-04-2018 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Side parallax down to at least 15m is the priority for NV.
    Second is the coatings, though even incompatible coatings can be blitzed by copious amounts of ir to work. Thankfully its Air Rifle work not ultra long range were every bit of clarity has t be squeezed out. Search in Nightvisionforum for scopes that fair well.

You will have to search second hand with that budget and even then thats not much. Maybe a MTC Mamba??
    The best clarity picture and all the toys scope I have is the older Hawk Sidewinder 4-16x50 30mm, well NV compatible.
    There may well be something else that works well, something newer, but most that do aren't great at dusk...and so will require NV help before its fully dark. The cheaper scopes tend to struggle in difficult light conditions and their target turret tracking isn't that robust or repeatable.

Maybe look out for a simpler scope in the FFP as thats how the trend is going. Ten you won't need target turrets. Hawk may be bringing some out FFP models out this year. Check MTC too. BDC reticules on SFP scopes aren't that great.

Your question is what many people ask and there isn't an easy answer sadly.
    You are correct in that there is no easy answers but I have been using smaller scopes (32-40mm objective) without parralax in my NV setup to fairly satisfactory effect, so AO or SF for me is more about greater adjustable versitility because I want to try and keep my rig as flexible as possible. I have had a few scopes that the eye relief (I think) has caused nv mounting difficulty & small sight picture, which is the area which I want the scope to 'work' with the NV as im not extremely fussed about getting the absolute best out of the NV so long as it works easily without fiddling about with the cam once it's set up. I'd be plenty happy I think with AO and NV because I usually set up camp and wait for the rats to come...
    So really my question is what all-round scope works with NV rather than what great NV scope works around if you know what I mean.
    Thanks for your reply & IL have a look at the sidewinder scopes but it'll have to be a 44mm max and I forgot to mention it'll also have to be a 1" tube too!! IL have to check out the mamba lite also but for some reason I've always avoided them....
    Anyway, thanks musket!!
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Hawke Varmint SF 3-12x44. Works fine with my Nitesite and that’s a mildot. Best scope I’ve ever used with night vision was mtc mamba lite but that’s a Xmas tree reticle

Mamba-lite's would fit the bill & they work with add on NV 3-12 or 4-16 x42.
    or a Sidewinder tac30 4.5-14x42, normal Sidewinder 30's are 50mm objective but are superb NV scopes especially the older HK4002/4006.

Thanks for the replies.. I think I'm going to buy a good old fashioned 3-9x40 AO. A Nikko panamax infact. They are cheap and should theoretically work, isn't too heavy and is cheap... Oh did I mention that it's cheap!! Lol one day if I'm doing a dedicated NV set up maybe I'll look at the bigger side wheel type scopes.
    Thanks again
    Rhys

Allround scope

A Bushnell Legend 4-12x40 is worth a look or 5-15x40 if mag isn't too high .